MA Riders

Hey man I live in MA but in Hamilton (north shore), so probabaly an hr away from you?

I’ve never been to Hodges Dam in oxford but that’s pretty close to you and seems like a decent spot.  It’s actually the closest legal spot in MA for me, even though it’s like 1hr 20mins away.  But within that amount of time there’s way bigger riding options in NH or ME.  

• Like 1

Hey man I live in MA but in Hamilton (north shore), so probabaly an hr away from you?
I’ve never been to Hodges Dam in oxford but that’s pretty close to you and seems like a decent spot.  It’s actually the closest legal spot in MA for me, even though it’s like 1hr 20mins away.  But within that amount of time there’s way bigger riding options in NH or ME.  

That’s awesome! I’d be down to link sometime when would you be free?

18 hours ago, singlepistonfury said:

That’s awesome! I’d be down to link sometime when would you be free?

Ha I have a wife and two babies and I’m fortunate enough to work 6 days a week, so unfortunately I’m not as free to ride as I’d like to be.  I usually go out on Sunday mornings from like 6-8am to a local small spot.  In and out, and most of the day left for the fam.  However I really want to make a couple trips up to nh or Maine, nothing too crazy just 1 - 1.5hrs away, to spend a decent chunk of a Sunday riding.  When I find a day that works i’ll send you a message and see if you’re around for a ride.  And if I head out to Hodges i’ll let you know ?

• Like 2

Ha I have a wife and two babies and I’m fortunate enough to work 6 days a week, so unfortunately I’m not as free to ride as I’d like to be.  I usually go out on Sunday mornings from like 6-8am to a local small spot.  In and out, and most of the day left for the fam.  However I really want to make a couple trips up to nh or Maine, nothing too crazy just 1 - 1.5hrs away, to spend a decent chunk of a Sunday riding.  When I find a day that works i’ll send you a message and see if you’re around for a ride.  And if I head out to Hodges i’ll let you know [emoji106]

Haha I completely understand, that works for me just let me know!!!

Hi there. I’m in Peabody and currently have little time to ride as well. I typically hit the Rockingham Trail in NH but that gets old quickly. If you’re looking for another rider for more local rides, I’d be happy to join you when my son’s hockey schedule allows.
Steve

• Like 1

Hi there. I’m in Peabody and currently have little time to ride as well. I typically hit the Rockingham Trail in NH but that gets old quickly. If you’re looking for another rider for more local rides, I’d be happy to join you when my son’s hockey schedule allows.
Steve

Hey Steve, that would be awesome! Just let me know when you have time. We can figure something out!

Branden

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 1:27 AM, singlepistonfury said:

Hi everyone, new to the page also new to the DRZ community. I was trying to see if there happens to be any other MA riders here that would be down to link up and find some trails. I’m currently located in Marlborough. IMG_0262.JPG

I just bought a DRZ400s and I work in Northboro by the Solomon Pond Mall! Are you still around and willing to ride? I have a list of places that I'd like to check out. You can ride at the Franklin and Wrentham state forests too - you need the bike to be registered to ride here, but I do it without registering it. 

Edited by John Irvine
corrections

19 hours ago, John Irvine said:

I just bought a DRZ400s and I work in Northboro by the Solomon Pond Mall! Are you still around and willing to ride? I have a list of places that I'd like to check out. You can ride at the Franklin and Wrentham state forests too - you need the bike to be registered to ride here, but I do it without registering it. 

You are part of the problem!

17522601_10212718432138375_1318936399819826698_n.jpg

While I will continue to ATV register my bike ( even though it's street registered) the whole ATV registration was a sham. Money, we were promised, to go to make new trails and improve existing trails. Anyone from Ma. see anything being done with regard to the legal trails? Nope. Just another tax with no benefit. I will continue to play by the rules though. Honestly if you supported this whole registration scheme ( which by the way effects your rights to ride on your own property!) you got scammed.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:58 AM, slideleft said:

Snowmobile trails have been improved as they are organised , dirt bike and quad guys still have no group speaking for them. SAM has tapped the funds and continues to do so.

Snowmobile users are not under the environmental eye as they are operated on snow so not an equal comparison. NETRA is supposed to be looking out for the off road dirt bike user but honestly they seem only interested in promoting events. Local clubs do what they can but when you've been played by the state too many times you become reluctant to deal with them anymore. NETRA went along with the current laws regarding registration, buying the state's lies about money going back to make/ improve trails, only to have ridiculous restrictions put on the trail user, like having to be registered even on one's own property. And don't even get me started on the requirement of dual registrations ( both street and ATV) in order to ride enduros or turkey runs . A blatant attempt by the state to curb off road riding in the state.

NETRA is a no show and is the seat for the off road guy still vacant dating all the way back to july 2010.  SAM gets the funds as SAM has been involved.
Off road guys don't get involved, we had what 30 guys a few promoters and two dealers at the call to action with the AMA last year.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:01 AM, slideleft said:

NETRA is a no show and is the seat for the off road guy still vacant dating all the way back to july 2010.  SAM gets the funds as SAM has been involved.
Off road guys don't get involved, we had what 30 guys a few promoters and two dealers at the call to action with the AMA last year.

Yup. I know. It's sad that NETRA has so many members that could make a difference yet they are more focused on events. I did a few trail maintenance events back in the early 2000's but when the state blocked us out of Savoy because of what the four wheeler group did there I figured out that no matter what we ( dirt bikers) did as far as maintenance it wouldn't matter. Don't get me wrong, there are some involved in NETRA who do their best to stem the tide but honestly  it's like shoveling s4it against the tide.