mog

Tomac seems to like getting beat on home soil ?

36 posts in this topic

Seems our very own Jake Nicholls showed tomac how to score consistently and beat your champ on his 1st try

Screenshot_20180711-082359.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not exactly sure how the screen shot proves that Nicholls bested Tomack, But it is interesting to see that your boy was bested by Kyle and Weston...

typically both Kyle and Weston can't cope with Eli's speed.

However it is good to see that you limeys have a dog in the hunt, and I like his bike selection...none of the Euro crap for him...!!

Edited by daled
3 people like this

What's Jake Nicole's story? Is he here to stay? Is he factory Honda? I know I can Google this stuff too..... but I don't wanna!

2 people like this

He did GPS and could get top 10(just) but he got tired of the scene and decided to step back to doing selected rounds like this USA one and 2 in Canada , he does the UK championship, I'm really surprised he got 10th overall at redbud ,I didn't think he was of that standard ,and that's me being honest not winding up anyone

2 people like this

I'm willing to bet Tomac would of had a better showing than what RV had in the GP's...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Didn't Eli have a mechanical failure in moto 1 and didn't even finish the race? And then he crashed in the second moto and went to the pits and still beat Nicholls in the 2nd moto? Not the type of win you usually make a thread on the intertron about but it's cool to have a dog in the race.

I watched the last UK Championship race. Nicholls seems to be at a different pace than the rest except for the Russian who can't get good starts but was running him down at the end. One thing I did notice though was how easy the track looked compared to the Pro Lucas oil circuit. Not saying I am anywhere near as fast as the UK championship guys but nothing about that track scared me. I would ride the whole thing on my 250 no prob.... some of pro circuit American tracks and the triples these pros are barely making on 250s would scare the crap out of me. Maybe the last UK track was just a smaller one IDK.

Edited by Zinergy

Yes UK championship is not comparable to USA ama ,not even close , Nicholls beat tomac overall ,yes tomac had an engine failure obviously , but what also surprised me was how well Nicholls did in comparison to regular ama riders, he was just behind peick , like herlings he was on a borrowed bike ,on a track he had never ridden ,people on here talked about how would gp riders cope with it ,well our non world championship Brit seemed to cope just fine ?

It's mostly tongue in cheek but with some interesting points mixed in

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

He may be a "non world champion" but he seems to be the fastest guy in the British Championship this year. He's number 1 in the championship for a few weeks now from what I gather and went 1-1 in the last race day(which is the only one I saw this year). It's cool that he finished 10th overall on a track like that against the AMA riders. Good for him.

I'm just glad to watch some races during the week and not have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. I think my DVR is picking up the next British race tomorrow. At least I think it's a new one. New to me anyway.

Edited by Zinergy

You have watched more than me lol ,I have not bothered since I helped out a real up and coming rider who we ended up friends ,he won schoolboy champion of champions, where the best of each series went up against each other ,but he never managed to really get higher than 10th in the UK big boy series. I just can't get excited about the UK series , ama and mxgp make it look too tame

Nicholls is great at UK partly because the Brit gp riders are not doing it ,that's not slight on him , just a fact

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree, it does look tame compared to the other 2. But the British are generally a tame group of people lol.

What surprised me was the coverage of the race. They must not cover the whole thing...meaning every lap because the order would change and they would have no video of the passes. And not counting commercials each race was only like 15 minutes long on TV. So they must only be recording certain parts of the track at certain times. I know that happens in all motocross racing but the FIM and Lucas races devote an entire hour of video to each race.

Edited by Zinergy

Lol the best people to screw us over is the EU ! They fought us in a way we didn't have an answer to ,political correctness etc

Back to the subject in hand

Your ama Champion against our UK leader ,so far ours wins

Your ama champion against our world championship leader ,so far 3 of 4 races won buy ours ,were good your bad ,you smell we don't

2 people like this

I still wanna see Vicky Golden jump into one of these races.  I'm willing to bet she could show both Tomac and Nicholls a thing or two.  My guess would be two (.)(.)  :smirk:

3 people like this

Just now, mog said:

Your ama champion against our world championship leader ,so far 3 of 4 races won buy ours ,were good your bad ,you smell we don't

Mog, I don't think you're giving credit where credit is due.  It's actually the French that smell ;)

3 people like this

36 minutes ago, mog said:

telling you, they are going to roll the corners so you guys can get through.. :cheers: