Mounting rear wheel

Is it just me or is mounting the rear wheel on the Betas a PIA?  The rear brake caliper bracket flops around looser than heck and will not stay in place while trying to mount the wheel.  Any tips or tricks for this?  Maybe I'm just used to the pumpkins with the Brembos.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moto367 said:

Is it just me or is mounting the rear wheel on the Betas a PIA?  The rear brake caliper bracket flops around looser than heck and will not stay in place while trying to mount the wheel.  Any tips or tricks for this?  Maybe I'm just used to the pumpkins with the Brembos.  

I don’t notice it being harder than my cr 250 honda was.. or my gasgas or other Betas.. . Maybe it was a bad day or the chain was too tight.. maybe make some more play so it’s easier 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Must just be me.  Any bike I've ever had the brake caliper hanger fit tighter on the swingarm and could assemble the wheels all day long with no issues. This Beta is sloppy and loose to where it almost falls off.  I'll try mounting it from the bottom next.

14 hours ago, moto367 said:

You're not alone.... 

It's the single job that I hate but I don't remember it being easier on the pumpkins. 

Before attempting to install the wheel put the caliper deep and tight into the swing arm peg. It helps also to place the front half of the wheel after the caliper and then reseat the caliper on the peg otherwise the tyre will push the caliper out of place. Also remove the rhs tensioner when installing the axle. 

To install the wheel, usually I hold the wheel aligned to the swing arm holes with my right foot. 

• Like 1