Rekluse ktm 200

Give one a try.  You have 30 days to try it and send it back for a full refund.   No tricks.  I tried one on my 250, and didnt care for it.  They were very easy to deal with.  All you can lose is return shipping costs, or you just might love it.

..my 2008 200 came with the Z Start Pro..

For rocky super technical riding it works wonderfully since the scoot is kicker only and I don't end up stalling out if I get hung up in a precarious spot.

For a flat open and big hill climbing it's less than desirable as you don't have the ability to bump start if you don't make a climb or don't have any engine braking to bull-dog when trying to get the bike turned around and down a steep hill.

My bike came with a kit to run the left hand brake, which I put on, and then ordered the little rear brake master cylinder adapter from Clake Australia for about 50 to $60 and it arrived in a week.. that way I have both left hand brake and pedal brake for the rear (Rekluse makes a similar part but wanted $150 or $300 for complete LHRB kit). Otherwise, you can drop the clutch and just run a piece of hose with some mineral oil or ATF for the clutch fluid and then use your old clutch lever with a new line to run that back to your rear brake. My preference was to keep the clutch lever and run the LHRB too. ...I really think the LHRB is a must to complete the package!

Since the bike was new to me and I was uncertain about the clutch pack I did call Rekluse and talked to them some about clutch setup preferences... also the clutch plates were a little bit blued but not warped. I ended up spending less than $200 for a brand new set of plates (you have to use their plates for the clutch hub) and fibers, just to be safe, and cannot be happier!

I tried several setups with low vs. medium RPM engagement and also soft versus hard engagement.. currently set at medium RPM and hard engagement. I turned up the idle speed a little and then it allows some 4-stroke-like engine braking.. very cool.

Let me know if you have any questions.. be happy to visit with you about it.

Happy riding!

Micah

..my 2008 200 came with the Z Start Pro..

For rocky super technical riding it works wonderfully since the scoot is kicker only and I don't end up stalling out if I get hung up in a precarious spot.

For a flat open and big hill climbing it's less than desirable as you don't have the ability to bump start if you don't make a climb or don't have any engine braking to bull-dog when trying to get the bike turned around and down a steep hill.

My bike came with a kit to run the left hand brake, which I put on, and then ordered the little rear brake master cylinder adapter from Clake Australia for about 50 to $60 and it arrived in a week.. that way I have both left hand brake and pedal brake for the rear (Rekluse makes a similar part but wanted $150 or $300 for complete LHRB kit). Otherwise, you can drop the clutch and just run a piece of hose with some mineral oil or ATF for the clutch fluid and then use your old clutch lever with a new line to run that back to your rear brake. My preference was to keep the clutch lever and run the LHRB too. ...I really think the LHRB is a must to complete the package!

Since the bike was new to me and I was uncertain about the clutch pack I did call Rekluse and talked to them some about clutch setup preferences... also the clutch plates were a little bit blued but not warped. I ended up spending less than $200 for a brand new set of plates (you have to use their plates for the clutch hub) and fibers, just to be safe, and cannot be happier!

I tried several setups with low vs. medium RPM engagement and also soft versus hard engagement.. currently set at medium RPM and hard engagement. I turned up the idle speed a little and then it allows some 4-stroke-like engine braking.. very cool.

Let me know if you have any questions.. be happy to visit with you about it.

Happy riding!
Micah

I bought a rekluse core exp and all I ride is super tight single track in idaho. I like the clutch but have only a couple hours on it. Just have been wondering if other people have had success with the rekluse on the 200. Still in my 30 day demo and any info is appreciated.

For what it's worth, I have a Core EXP 3.0 in my 2008 XC-W 200.  The thing to remember is that the 200 shares the same clutch as the 125 (of that era) so it is not as strong relative to the engine size as say the 250 or 300.  Rekluse is a great manufacturer and obviously aware of this as the standard set up in the 200 version of the Core EXP 3.0 is with the heaviest wedges and springs.  The issue is that this does not give you much to play with if you start into engine mods or increasing the power on your 200.  

Rekluse tech support is very good and they will help you get it dialled but I could not get mine to run at the same level as my 300.  I have a head mod, 150SX CDI, Powerparts chamber and some porting on mine so the limitations of the base 125 clutch mean that it has just been too sensitive and I can't get mine to consistently hook up like it should.

Again, it's a great product and their customer service is excellent, just sharing my experience and the limitations with the 200 if you have, or are going to do, some mods.  

For what it's worth, I have a Core EXP 3.0 in my 2008 XC-W 200.  The thing to remember is that the 200 shares the same clutch as the 125 (of that era) so it is not as strong relative to the engine size as say the 250 or 300.  Rekluse is a great manufacturer and obviously aware of this as the standard set up in the 200 version of the Core EXP 3.0 is with the heaviest wedges and springs.  The issue is that this does not give you much to play with if you start into engine mods or increasing the power on your 200.  
Rekluse tech support is very good and they will help you get it dialled but I could not get mine to run at the same level as my 300.  I have a head mod, 150SX CDI, Powerparts chamber and some porting on mine so the limitations of the base 125 clutch mean that it has just been too sensitive and I can't get mine to consistently hook up like it should.
Again, it's a great product and their customer service is excellent, just sharing my experience and the limitations with the 200 if you have, or are going to do, some mods.  
Did you return yours or are you still running it.

I have one on my 2013 200xc-w.  It's the Core EXP 3.0.  I don't really use it, I shift normally and feather the clutch on hill climbs like it's not even there.  It did save me from stalling once while I was doing a slow technical hill climb and I got lazy.  My clutch drags as well, more than what I would consider normal.  One of the plates could be warped, I just haven't taken it apart yet to see.  One thing I don't like is when trying to lug along really really slow, it will sometimes disengage requiring a little blip on the throttle to engage it again.  And then it grabs.

If I bought another bike that didn't have one, I would not miss it at all.  If I have to replace the plates and it's cheaper to go stock, I'll do that.  I know some people love them though.

On 7/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, Ktm200xc said:
On 7/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, Clydee2000 said:

Read more  

Did you return yours or are you still running it.

It's still in the bike, but I have not been riding it lately (I have a few).  I'm planning on going back to stock when I set aside the time.  No reflection on the Rekluse product though, it is a great bit of kit and does exactly what they say it will.  I just could not get it right in my bike.  As someone posted below, I used it like a normal clutch and really only let it cut in a little toward the end of the ride as fatigue crept in.  I found the lever action a little stiffer (even with a MME lever) which also fatigues you a little more when you spend a lot of time in technical terrain.  I ride with plenty of expert level riders who have them in their 300's and swear by them and was a fan when I had one in my older 300.    

It's still in the bike, but I have not been riding it lately (I have a few).  I'm planning on going back to stock when I set aside the time.  No reflection on the Rekluse product though, it is a great bit of kit and does exactly what they say it will.  I just could not get it right in my bike.  As someone posted below, I used it like a normal clutch and really only let it cut in a little toward the end of the ride as fatigue crept in.  I found the lever action a little stiffer (even with a MME lever) which also fatigues you a little more when you spend a lot of time in technical terrain.  I ride with plenty of expert level riders who have them in their 300's and swear by them and was a fan when I had one in my older 300.    

How do you like the mme lever. I ended up taking the clutch out and sending it back to rekluse.

12 minutes ago, Ktm200xc said:
42 minutes ago, Clydee2000 said:

Read more  

How do you like the mme lever. I ended up taking the clutch out and sending it back to rekluse.

For me they work extremely well.  I would not say they are finicky to set up but it seems like some of the negative comments are borne from people maybe not taking the time to set them up.  I'm on my third bike with it now and with the last one i just spent the first ride trying different settings with the grub screw and once I was happy, put a drop of threadlocker in there and not touched since.  I've broken every finger in my left hand at least once, got some tendonitis in the forearm and fractured my wrist early in the year, so a little bit easier lever pull is worth a lot to me by the end of a technical ride.