KTM 50cc clutch washers or springs ?

If your little rider is not racing springs are the obvious choice. You never have to clean them. Oil will still have to be changed, especially after a ride with a lot of challenging hills. My son rides a lot of singletrack with me. On some steep hills the washers just didn't work, too much hit.

• Like 1

If your little rider is not racing springs are the obvious choice. You never have to clean them. Oil will still have to be changed, especially after a ride with a lot of challenging hills. My son rides a lot of singletrack with me. On some steep hills the washers just didn't work, too much hit.

Thanks toad, I just bought the ktm springs, I'm gonna swap out the washers for our trail rides... It's one washer, then the spring then another washer correct?

Hey guys im looking at getting my son a KTM 50cc senior, I found a mint 2006 KTM 50cc sx sr for 1400$, was wondering what are the big differences between this year and new ktm 50cc sr? Thanks guys hes looking to move up from CRF50!
My son rides an 03 and sometimes races. If he were competitive at the track I would buy him a newer bike but at his skill level the 03 is serving him quit well.
Price is very high for our area, but I also bought my sons bike for $400 and put $700 into it so maybe if it's like new.
20170331_174922.jpeg
  • Like 1

My son rides an 03 and sometimes races. If he were competitive at the track I would buy him a newer bike but at his skill level the 03 is serving him quit well.
Price is very high for our area, but I also bought my sons bike for $400 and put $700 into it so maybe if it's like new.
20170331_174922.jpeg.e07749a5f9856ff963a2ad474b6a5a59.jpeg
Ok dexron II, yeah my son's same way, this 06 is good for him at his skill. Plus new bike prices are ridiculous