I take back what I said about the TwinAir air filters

On 9/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, KRAYNIAL said:

My god you are an annoying person.

I have ( 3 ) bikes and ride a minimum of 250 hours a year.

I don't need your help, or comments or personal attacks.

I am the FIRST person to call out ecu reset details/procedures in the beta forum. I contacted Synerject regarding what the procedure was, and how it worked.

....and ALL FI motorcycles have this procedure, and it is not 'resetting' the stepper motor, it resetting the ecu. The stepper motor is just a solioid, and has no logic.  It cannot be 'reset'. People continue to call it that, and I don't care, even though it is technically incorrect.

Why do you have a personal vendata against me and my posts.  I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER.  I think you owe the other posters here and explanation for your terrible behavior.

I will no longer be responding to any of your posts, no matter how incorrect they are. I will PM the person that thinks you are being correct, and let them know you have an personal twisted agenda.

I suggest you seek proffesional help.

I would suggest using "The Golden Rule", just my opinion. It works very well when dealing with others...

All I said was: I have been using Twin Air Filters since the 80's with no problems. They last for a long time if you maintain and install them properly. I just installed a Twin Air in my new Honda CRF-230F a few days ago. Twin Air is the only filter I use in all of my dirt bikes.

Then you said: They fall apart! Tear so easily!  They get pock marks all over the sealing area! The foam at the sealing area becomes weak and non supportive!   I am glad I have found an alternative to them, with the Pro-X. 

Just so you know, every filter is not the same contruction for every bike. The KTM filters are completely different than the filters offered for the Beta. The Honda CRFR filters are really nice and robust. The Beta filters are filmsy and thin at the sealing area......so don't judge others experiences based on your lack of it.....

I do believe in "The Golden Rule". Also I just realized this is on the Beta motorcycle forum and an old post about air filters. I do not know you or have any problem with you at all, so I never meant to offend or upset you. I apologize if I did. This post was in a TT email I received. I have only had Honda and Yamaha motorcycles for years. I have never owned a Beta motorcycle. I also worked in the motorcycle industry for 30+ years and have been riding/racing motorcycles for 50+ years. So I do have some experience with motorcycles. I do only use Twin Air Filters on all of my motorcycles, they work really well, but that is only my opinion. My wife always is telling me to stay off of these motorcycle forums and I am not really into social media. I would rather ride than type. I hope you have a nice day, I am going to go riding now.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gspartsguy said:

All I said was: I have been using Twin Air Filters since the 80's with no problems. They last for a long time if you maintain and install them properly. I just installed a Twin Air in my new Honda CRF-230F a few days ago. Twin Air is the only filter I use in all of my dirt bikes.

Then you said: They fall apart! Tear so easily!  They get pock marks all over the sealing area! The foam at the sealing area becomes weak and non supportive!   I am glad I have found an alternative to them, with the Pro-X. 

Just so you know, every filter is not the same contruction for every bike. The KTM filters are completely different than the filters offered for the Beta. The Honda CRFR filters are really nice and robust. The Beta filters are filmsy and thin at the sealing area......so don't judge others experiences based on your lack of it.....

I do believe in "The Golden Rule". Also I just realized this is on the Beta motorcycle forum and an old post about air filters. I do not know you or have any problem with you at all, so I never meant to offend or upset you. I apologize if I did. This post was in a TT email I received. I have only had Honda and Yamaha motorcycles for years. I have never owned a Beta motorcycle. I also worked in the motorcycle industry for 30+ years and have been riding/racing motorcycles for 50+ years. So I do have some experience with motorcycles. I do only use Twin Air Filters on all of my motorcycles, they work really well, but that is only my opinion. My wife always is telling me to stay off of these motorcycle forums and I am not really into social media. I would rather ride than type. I hope you have a nice day, I am going to go riding now.   

Your are right about the different build quality of the TwinAir filters. Some are just plain junk. 

I wonder if the TwinAir 'oem' filter and the TwinAir 'aftermarket' filter for the same brand/model is any different.

10 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

Your are right about the different build quality of the TwinAir filters. Some are just plain junk. 

I wonder if the TwinAir 'oem' filter and the TwinAir 'aftermarket' filter for the same brand/model is any different.

I never said anything about build quality and I know nothing about Beta or what air filters they use. That is what you said in an earlier post, not me. I have only used aftermarket Twin Air Filters since the 80's and the work great for me on my CR's, CRF's, & YZ's. The End.

56 minutes ago, gspartsguy said:

I never said anything about build quality and I know nothing about Beta or what air filters they use. That is what you said in an earlier post, not me. I have only used aftermarket Twin Air Filters since the 80's and the work great for me on my CR's, CRF's, & YZ's. The End.

So I guess you did not say this then :

The KTM filters are completely different than the filters offered for the Beta. The Honda CRFR filters are really nice and robust. The Beta filters are filmsy and thin at the sealing area......

Why would there be a difference in Twin Air filter quality between different motorcycle manufacturers?  I have used Twin Air filters on all my bikes, KTM's and Beta's and haven't discerned any quality differences between them.  I have never had a Twin Air filter become 'unglued'.

• Like 2

Getting back to the subject of air filters. One of the online websites had a sale on Uni filter oil (non aerosol) and Uni air filter cleaner. The cleaner worked ok but the air filter oil was a joke. I applied the oil to a Uni air filter, squeezed out the excess oil, let it sit overnight, installed it on my bike the next day. A couple of days later, I see a pool of oil under my Beta 300 RE. The Uni air filter oil did not stay on the filter instead it pooled on bottom of the filter, dripped into the air box and then onto my floor. No I didn't over oil my filter. The Uni filter oil just does not stay on the air filter. I tried using the Uni oil on another bike and the same thing happened. Don't waste your $$ on Uni filter oil. When I sold my KTM 450, I gave the new owner a barely used container of Uni air filter oil and a full can of Uni air filter cleaner. He was happy and I was happy.