KRAYNIAL

I take back what I said about the TwinAir air filters

Wait, you specifically posted you would no longer be responding to any of my posts no matter how incorrect? Guess you're going back on your word. 

Not recognizing or disputing basic dirt bike maintenance and standards established by  dirt bike manufacturers and the well established dirt bike community speaks volumes. You constantly messed with several key components of the bike, some specifically identified not to alter or modify without risk of erratic engine behavior or damage. 

Your adversarial approach is well documented. Your refusal to accept anything different than your opinion, also well documented. A perfect example here in which you dispute the Beta service bulletin: 

Please feel free to to report anything I've posted to Bryan. I've been a member for 10+ years. You'd think a 60+ year old grown man would be able to respond in a mature manner. 

But hey, your bikes running great now after your rebuild, so who cares, right? 

Edited by firffighter

I wash mine in tide, sometimes followed by palmolive for a second wash, then I stick it in a ziploc bag and then i squirt in some K&N filtercharger juice and work it all over and then grease the lip and then voila, no worries. and then no more and then! Same as ive been doing since 2003. 

no fuss no muss

I like twinair 

i dont know why, but I do yo

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

I wash mine in tide, sometimes followed by palmolive for a second wash, then I stick it in a ziploc bag and then i squirt in some K&N filtercharger juice and work it all over and then grease the lip and then voila, no worries. and then no more and then! Same as ive been doing since 2003. 

no fuss no muss

I like twinair 

I’ve just bought a variety of brands of filters . I just use them until they don’t pass my inspection while cleaning. I haven’t found much consistency on which are better. Some are beefier in different places. It’s good to see a comparison with brands I haven’t used. When I change my filter I’m just thoroughly checking to make sure the seal is on good with waterproof grease and I use a variety of good brand filter oil. For me it’s just change the filter and if it looks like it’s deteriorating too much then buy a new one.  

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

yeah to be honest, I dont really care what I use as long as it fits my bike well and has no holes, I think any new filter for my application would work good, if not I'll bust a gerririg and make it work. I've also wanted to try a pantyhose pre filter on my efi beta, but only have once at glamis on my old cr250r. Which is weird cuz I've always ridden lots of different sand spots. and frequently go out in search of sand dunes to lay some fresh lines on. its one of my favorite things to do on a motorcycle, kinda like laying new lines on fresh powder on my snowboard.

You guys need to quit being so hard on each other, and show some empathy, its a real pessimistic dick move to always try and be right. Be honest with each other and leave your egos offline... be a jerk face to face, and then help each other out anyways, at least thats respectable. no reason to sling mud here as theres nothing to gain. nobody cares... unless your just trying to get a laugh for whatever reason, but then maybe its time to step away from being online and check out whats happening offline outside. If you cant say something nice, better to not say anything at all and make your self look bad.

I had been asking for help on my wifes 125 emissions removal and nobody had any answers for me, then those guys started showing pics of dilrods and such and this place started not being worth the effort.  

make the beta section great again, lol...

I try and help out when I can, other wise I dont say sh..

3 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

yeah to be honest, I dont really care what I use as long as it fits my bike well and has no holes, I think any new filter for my application would work good, if not I'll bust a gerririg and make it work. I've also wanted to try a pantyhose pre filter on my efi beta, but only have once at glamis on my old cr250r. Which is weird cuz I've always ridden lots of different sand spots. and frequently go out in search of sand dunes to lay some fresh lines on. its one of my favorite things to do on a motorcycle, kinda like laying new lines on fresh powder on my snowboard.

You guys need to quit being so hard on each other, and show some empathy, its a real pessimistic dick move to always try and be right. Be honest with each other and leave your egos offline... be a jerk face to face, and then help each other out anyways, at least thats respectable. no reason to sling mud here as theres nothing to gain. nobody cares... unless your just trying to get a laugh for whatever reason, but then maybe its time to step away from being online and check out whats happening offline outside. If you cant say something nice, better to not say anything at all and make your self look bad.

I had been asking for help on my wifes 125 emissions removal and nobody had any answers for me, then those guys started showing pics of dilrods and such and this place started not being worth the effort.  

make the beta section great again, lol...

I try and help out when I can, other wise I dont say sh..

Yea I came to Beta in a variety of past Beta motorcycle sites because the Beta Riders were nice and helpful. 

Of course it doesn’t help in TT when sometimes Trolls visit . Sometimes the effects of those trolls manifest in different ways later. Look at Betarider as an example. No trolls there and it’s a positive environment. It’s too bad so many other great Beta sites have bit the dust over the years. Lots of great info was lost. 

Still.. duh.. it’s still just a filter thread.?

yeah it almost doesnt even matter.

well bikes are loaded lets ride.

just waiting on wife and kids to get in the truck.

I've been on multiple dirt bike sites since the early 00's, KTM, GasGas, TT, etc. Zero issues and always enjoy the informative discussions. Have learned a lot from many experienced riders and excellent mechanics from these sites over the years with mature discussions and guys with questionable posting are called out regularly. 

For some reason, this Bets forum has more vitriol and childish behavior than any place I've visited, except maybe ADVrider, Lol. 

Some of these older guys cannot seem to handle someone disagreeing with them and there's quite a bit of information shared that's incorrect and all over the place. 

Honestly, I could care less, I love my Beta and it's performed flawlessly over the past year+. Having owned 9 KTM's, 4 GasGas, multiple Japanese bikes, the Beta's are fantastic bikes. Just have to wade through some garbage to mine reliable information on this forum. 

Edited by firffighter

18 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

no fuss no muss

I like twinair 

Is K&N "filtercharger juice" designed specifically for foam filters or is it for K&N filters?  Foam filters require a thicker tacky oil to work properly.  The standard K&N filter oil is way too thin to work properly for a foam filter..  

• Like 1

Its for plain k&n air filters, i read an article about 15 years ago in dirt bike or mxa  or something like that maybe transworld. anyways  they had a filter oil shootout or something like that and this stuff was voted the winner. So I saw a case at pep boys or something like that and have been running it ever since. I think im on my last bottle and I have about enough for 2 more cleanings, so its almost time to get some new stuff. 

You sound like you know something, what do you suggest?

9 hours ago, Chas_M said:

Is K&N "filtercharger juice" designed specifically for foam filters or is it for K&N filters?  Foam filters require a thicker tacky oil to work properly.  The standard K&N filter oil is way too thin to work properly for a foam filter..  

I had used up the last of my K&N red filterlspray on my foam air filters as not much goes to waste with me.   When it had dried the stuff was every bit as sticky as every other filter oil out there.  

23 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

Yea I heard it was the good stuff. But i'm open minded...

You may be open minded but I am just plain ole' cheap/frugal/stingy, but oddly enough, am happy to pay for crap like Rekluse kits.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't K&N filter oil for gauze filters?

I ordered a few cans of belray aerosol filter oil and they sent me a couple of cans of gauze filter oil instead of foam filter oil. By the time I noticed it, it was too late for return. Are some of you guys using it on foam filters?

I had found that when the oil dries or the solvent flashes off, the remaining oil is as stick if not stickier than the foam filter oil from x-brand.  

In the not too distant past, the recommendations were to use engine oil for the foam filters and that was it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1natehundred said:

Anyone ever use a product called pro seal? Does it even still exist?

Pro Seal makes air filter gaskets for the sealing surfaces or the airbox fitting pieces.

I put one on every bike.

They also make ProFilter air filters. 

PC Racing Usa

• Like 1

You really need to throw Moose filter into the mix. Definitely does a good job at filtering the fine talcum dust here in the desert.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 7:39 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

You may be open minded but I am just plain ole' cheap/frugal/stingy, but oddly enough, am happy to pay for crap like Rekluse kits.  

I've used chainsaw bar oil in a pinch.

• Like 1

I had found that when the oil dries or the solvent flashes off, the remaining oil is as stick if not stickier than the foam filter oil from x-brand.  

In the not too distant past, the recommendations were to use engine oil for the foam filters and that was it.  

I knew a guy who used canola oil I tried it and it worked well it made washing up easy. Was not comfortable with it during summer this was on 2st's but a 4st.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

I knew a guy who used canola oil I tried it and it worked well it made washing up easy. Was not comfortable with it during summer this was on 2st's but a 4st.

It's healthier for you when used in automotive applications rather than ingested..

Edited by widebear
  • Like 1