Hello and new to dirt riding.

I just bought a used 2002 400 exc-r and as a newb I find the bike extremely high for me. Had the sag adjusted and that helped but damn I can barely put my feet flat and on the trails it makes it feel so off balance because my feet don't touch and then I loose my balance and of course fall over.

4 times I dropped her yesterday in the woods... ha.. the suspension is plush but i feel too high any tips on maybe lowering it or better balancing tips?

I am 200lbs, 5'11".

Thanks,

Crazycarl012865

Edited by CrazyCarl012865

"I can barely put my feet flat".... Oh how I wish I was that close. I'm 5'9 on a good day and always on my toes on my KTM's and that's after my suspension guy adjusts it without doing an expensive internal revalve. Ive just learned to live with it

• Like 1

I guess I should feel lucky... lol. But being a complete newbie to dirt riding and the learning curve it sucks picking my butt up off the ground and then getting the bike up to boot...

I just thought there might be a way to lower it during the initial learning phase, this type of riding is completely different than what I am used to...

2018-01-22-08-13-15.jpg

Edited by CrazyCarl012865

Hello and new to dirt riding.
I just bought a used 2002 400 exc-r and as a newb I find the bike extremely high for me. Had the sag adjusted and that helped but damn I can barely put my feet flat and on the trails it makes it feel so off balance because my feet don't touch and then I loose my balance and of course fall over.
4 times I dropped her yesterday in the woods... ha.. the suspension is plush but i feel too high any tips on maybe lowering it or better balancing tips?
I am 200lbs, 5'11".
Thanks,
Crazycarl012865
Funny, as I just acquired the same bike, I'm the same height and felt it was low because my feet do sit flat on the ground. I better go check my race sag and shock setup. Have fun.
  • Like 1