2019 XTrainer - USA models

I might be blind, but;

While keeping an eye out for any solid info pertaining to the 2019 models I have not read anything. There were rumors pertaining to the a 250 model in Europe, but nothing on the Beta-USA site or even the European that spells anything on the up coming 2019 model(s)

Anyone?

17 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Wondering IF the XTrainer might be the first for FI in the Beta 2-smoke in 2019 model(s)
Just stirring the pot...

Hopefully not. Maybe once they get the electrical issues completely sorted out.  Had an xtrainer die with electrical problems 20 miles back in the woods. Wouldn’t start. I was able to coast start it and finish the ride, FI...I would’ve had to push it out 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ccullins said:

Dealers got a message saying excpect little to no changes on the Cross Trainer and it will be released later in the year. 

Correct, the XT is on a 2 year product cycle and got the motor changes that were fitted to the MY18 RR (new clutch, domed piston, exhaust port etc) so this model will continue on unchanged until the MY20.

As a BETA and Gas Gas dealer I will get a GG 300ECR in when they arrive in December/Janaury and then I will be able to give direct comparison to the XT and also the RR200. 

BTW, Im loving my XT250 (only 3 came into Australia) and reckon in stock form it is the perfect "entry level" bike with the most docile and predictable power delivery, even more so than the XT300. Throw an RR pipe on a rejet (as mine is) and its a pure blast with a solid, tractable bottom end, super responsive and meaty mid range and a singing top end and even more nimble through ST.....

Edited by Roon
  • Like 5

BTW, Im loving my XT250 (only 3 came into Australia) and reckon in stock form it is the perfect "entry level" bike with the most docile and predictable power delivery, even more so than the XT300.

I got to ride the 250 Xtrainer at an event and I was quite impressed. IMO it hits the mark of what the Xtrainer is 'supposed' to be, better than the 300 does.

When my wife (who rides a 300XT) showed up, I told her to take it for a spin and gave no details on how I felt about the bike (so she went in with no bias). When she got back from her ride, she asked if the new Xtrainers were 20-30lbs less, and she couldn't stop talking about how smooth the power delivery was. She was shocked to find out it was a 250. She now wants one pretty bad, and will more than likely be listing her 300 to get the 250.

• Like 2

I got to ride the 250 Xtrainer at an event and I was quite impressed. IMO it hits the mark of what the Xtrainer is 'supposed' to be, better than the 300 does.

When my wife (who rides a 300XT) showed up, I told her to take it for a spin and gave no details on how I felt about the bike (so she went in with no bias). When she got back from her ride, she asked if the new Xtrainers were 20-30lbs less, and she couldn't stop talking about how smooth the power delivery was. She was shocked to find out it was a 250. She now wants one pretty bad, and will more than likely be listing her 300 to get the 250.

Wouldn't it be most cost effective just to swap top ends?
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be most cost effective just to swap top ends?
Cylinder, piston, power valve, CDI, gaskets, etc. By the time you buy all that stuff, you're near 2K up here. Might as well have a new bike if you're spending that much cash.

This all sounds great.
I’ve been waiting too long to add a couple of 2-strokes to the stable for serious single track / Fun.
The idea of simple reliable lightweight 2-strokes designed for plunking on tight trails is something we need (his and hers) and the XTrainer IMHO fits the bill.

Though I’m curious if the 250 XTrainer will come to America, hmmmm......