Eli bounces back and humiliates the field

After a race that lasts over a half hour, a lead of a few seconds is piss all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevyRoamer said:

You're right, it shouldn't count as a win.  What lead makes sense to count as a win?  We want to make sure everyone is involved and has a chance to be heard.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RevyRoamer said:

Where you last week when tomac caught musquin and past him like he was standing still? Why you only chime in when musquin does ok? 

They didn't race the week before. 

This weekend Eli won one, and Marvin won one. Both riders are extremely talented. But you blind sheeple only see the races Eli wins. Marvin won moto 2 by over 30 seconds,  didn't see you guys even mentioning what an awesome job he did. Criticism of either one, on a public forum, is showing how stupid you are to the world. While I fully agree Eli is a hell of a good rider, so are many many other riders. But when Eli barely wins you make a huge deal about it. Yet when he doesn't win you're full of lame excuses on why he didn't. This weeks excuse really made me laugh that he held back. Eli doesn't hold back and if he had been capable of winning moto 2 he sure as hell would have. Unlike some of you, I'm not prejudiced and blind. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone doubts that both riders are talented, but I think when you line looks like this, you're dominating.  Musquin's isn't bad either, but I don't think anyone would say that Tomac is being pushed (although @redrider144 might argue that something is being pushed in).

Tomac     - 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 2 36 9 1 1 1 1 1 2
Musquin - 2 2 2 3 4 4 1 2 5 1 2 1  2  1 4 2 2 3 2 1

Musquin has beaten Tomac in six motos, I think.  He's riding well.

But, if you look at Tomac's average time that he's beaten Musquin in the races that he's beaten him in, it averages out to 21.6 seconds.  That's pretty much an ass-kicking in any language.

Facts can be inconvenient things, so don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 4

Still only 15 points separate them lol ,that's no ass kicking

• Like 1

Some people hate facts that show the arguement to be flawed !

He won everything in 15 in all the races he finished ,where did he end the season ?

3 minutes ago, mog said:

Some people hate facts that show the arguement to be flawed !

I don't hate the facts, but I guess it's kind of like saying that Herlings was only 12 points up on Ravioli after Lombardia, 11 rounds in.  Shit happens, but I think most would admit that Cairoli is not quite in the same league as Herlings this year.  

But, whatever makes you sleep at night.  :lol:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mog said:

Still only 15 points separate them lol ,that's no ass kicking

Why’s it only 15 points? When you think about why it’s only 15 points just proves even more how much off an ass kicking it is

Should be at least 40 w/o that DNF. I know its racing but MM hasn't had a DNF and if he had it would be a 40+ point lead....either way both guys are fun to watch but just like Herlings across the pond, ET is the faster rider this year (and last).

Mick you could view it that way ,the one thing you notice after years and years , people like AC ,RC everts dungey etc have seen this before , they play a long game , they don't panic ,tomac could and probably will win this outdoor season , but his record shows a decent chance he might throw it away ,herlings the same. You ride to your limit and hope it's enough ,if it's not and you override you most likely won't win ,so you make an intelligent decision ( unlike bubba ever did ) and wait and see .

Eli seems to have a much better grasp of this in 18 ,but I honestly feel he is in his comfort zone ,if he was pushed outside of it would he revert to old tricks? I think he would

• Like 1

Look at mm's worst finish ...Screenshot_20180814-220127.jpeg

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmWaL5Kh8ku/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

I'm not sure they do this often but they swapped his engine between Motos ,maybe all the teams did ?

I guess winning 13 of the 20 motos isn't kicking ass. And LMAO at the British Columbia guy saying he's not prejudice or blind yet he has watched the races this year and doesn't see what the big deal is about Tomac. Hate to break it to you but you might be blind. Please, use that universal healthcare your country offers and get your eyes checked.

You can win all races but last 2 ,if you then lose the championship who cares

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mog said:

You can win all races but last 2 ,if you then lose the championship who cares

I’m sure musquin would be like to remembered as the guy that won because tomacs bike broke 

I think Musquin is due some good karma due to what happened to him at Ironman in 2015.  I'm sure Tomac hopes he doesn't have to be the victim!

On 8/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, mog said:

Until he wins a few more titles people will accept they are slower ,they are waiting for the mistakes that have come so far for him ,same as herlings ,they both have to prove they can do this season after season

Will history view Cairoli on the same level as Carmichael?

Edited by redrider144