Help with plastics on a 2003 CR250

I went through plenty of searches and can't come up with a solid answer. I am restoring a 2003 CR250. I ordered a set of Polisport plastics for the bike. I returned those and started looking for OEM. I could find one tank shroud new but not the other. I then did a search for interchangeability on the newer bikes. It looked like the 05 to 07 up shrouds would work so I ordered a complete new set of Honda plastics for the bike and they look great. There is one problem, the shrouds will not work with my 2003 tank and radiators. I need new radiators anyway so here is my question. If I buy a 2007 CR250 tank and radiators will they work on my frame? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fuel tank is the same tank for all 2002-2007 yrs CR250, so you'd be wasting your $$

getting the '05 tank. So....yes, '05 tank will work on your'03 frame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the 2005-2007 radiators are thicker than 2002-2004, so

when you make the change, this is an added bonus.

And with '05-'07 radiators, you will need dedicated '05-'07 radiator grills/louvers/slats. Your '03 grills won't work w/ new rads.

and,  possibly the '05 lower rad hose on the LS radiator may be needed as well b/c the down tube may have bends differently than the early radiators.

2 hours ago, jeddclampette said:

Fuel tank is the same tank for all 2002-2007 yrs CR250, so you'd be wasting your $$

getting the '05 tank. So....yes, '05 tank will work on your'03 frame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the 2005-2007 radiators are thicker than 2002-2004, so

when you make the change, this is an added bonus.

And with '05-'07 radiators, you will need dedicated '05-'07 radiator grills/louvers/slats. Your '03 grills won't work w/ new rads.

and,  possibly the '05 lower rad hose on the LS radiator may be needed as well b/c the down tube may have bends differently than the early radiators.

Thanks. After you telling me this and looking at what I have, I figured out my screw up. I ordered the damn shrouds for a CRF not CR. I just reordered them a few minutes ago. I will return the CRF shrouds. I hope the two bikes where the same colors. I also have CRF fenders!

I’m pretty sure that rad shrouds will fit between 02-07. The later models had a deeper red color but other than a different shaped front fender (sharper after 04 but will bolt right up the plastics should fit. The 04+ front number plate is different too. 

Edited by Dklassen

Pretty much all the plastic is interchangeable on the 02-07 CR2's.  The frt. # plate has a different bolt pattern starting in 04 if I recall.  The 02-03 bolt up on the frt. of the upper clamp with the 04-07 bolting up on the top.