Help with finding compatible parts Drz 125 L 2011

I am stuck! Bought a Suzuki DRZ 125 L 2011 and trying to source parts. Every website I come across shows 2003- 2009 then jumps right to 2012

Every site seems to act as if the 2010 and 2011 doesn't exist? I find random parts 2003-2009 that fit when compared, or some to the KLX 125. Managed to find Procircuit pipe labelled as 2003-2012 at least that fit reg and the L , but finding random things such as replacement parts are never listed.

I am a pretty thorough internet searcher and I am unable to find any correlation to why these particular years do not appear to be listed on any part listings as compatible?

I know the dif between the 125 DRZ and the L, but things like brake levers etc., would matching them with a 2009 DRZ work or will any year for most parts work from 2003 and up? even ebay searches are not coming up

I would appreciate any insight  as the online companies I normally order from only show parts up to 2009

All mechanical stuff should be the same across all years.  The design of the plastics changed at some point ('08 or '09 maybe, mine are all older models, so not sure).

What parts are you looking for?    The wheels and front brake are different between the DRz125 and the 125L.  Plastic body parts are different from '08 or '09 and later, but will be the same for regular and L models of same years.  Engine parts are all same, throttle and clutch cables are same on all.

only in general, when I started looking for a new brake lever and spark plug that is when I realized I had to hope that the 2009 parts would fit. Most of the CDN part sites only list up to 2009 and nothing after it. Just trying to be proactive

Thanks for the heads up! now I know that I don't have to worry about the year

Spark plugs are interchangeable among all models. Brake lever is different from Drz125 and Drz125L, but year won't matter.   Not sure why '11 doesn't show up in listings, that's strange.  All parts on a '12 model should be the same, except possibly the decals.

Edited by mjg15

I know its the weirdest thing, and no discussion anywhere about what makes those 2 years different, I thought that maybe they did a switchout and changed something with KLX again but no info anywhere. I did manage to find a CDN site with the 2009 L brake lever which at least looks like the same version

I looked on Cheap Cycle Parts, where I buy lots of stuff.  They have '10 and '12, but no '11.   If you have an '11 production date, your bike may be a '12 model.  That is typical.  Where are you getting the model year info from?

off the serial number 10th digit from the left shows as 2011 year? on oem cycle

I compared it to there just to make sure.

Edited by Karen Kolnes

Can someone help me find a complete rear wheel for a klx125 please? Long story short I traded the bike awhile back and just got it back and the guy trashed it. Needs alot of work to get back to where it was when I had it the first time but as of now the #1 thing it needs is a rear wheel to get it rideable again. Cant seem to find anything other that buying it piece by piece from an OEM vendor that ends up costing more than the bikes worth.

1 hour ago, Justin Wall said:

Can someone help me find a complete rear wheel for a klx125 please? Long story short I traded the bike awhile back and just got it back and the guy trashed it. Needs alot of work to get back to where it was when I had it the first time but as of now the #1 thing it needs is a rear wheel to get it rideable again. Cant seem to find anything other that buying it piece by piece from an OEM vendor that ends up costing more than the bikes worth.

Check this FB page, they pop up for sale from time to time. 

www.facebook.com/groups/1564092450521244/