Dirtmizer

2006 DR 200 SE wont idle

Hey everyone, I am trying to help out a neighbor with her DR200 it was sitting for 4 years with gas in it so it was very gummed up, I did a carb rebuild with stock internals and now the bike will start but it will not idle consistently, they did have it back for a couple weeks and it ran but it was hard to start and keep running, they ended up running it with the choke on accidentally so now it will fire briefly and shut right down, must have fouled a plug?? also the pipe discoloration makes me think its lean. I am at 800 feet above sea level so was considering some minor jetting changes, Im not after more power just want the bike to start, idle, and not get to hot. I was considering bumping up the pilot jet hoping that would help with the startups and idle, any thoughts?

I’ve struggled with many of the same issues . Some of it is that it’s a cold blooded pain . Mine was found to be lean . And yes they are a pain to keep tuned . Spark plug would help with starting and running . The big issue with high mileage bikes is scoring in the vacuum cylinder and piston in the carb . No mater what I do it stalls , hesitates and hard starting because of this