2016 Wr250f - modifications for tall riders?

Hello all, 

This spring I bought a new '16 wr250f, I absolutely love the bike. Funnest dirtbike I've had yet. 

The one thing I've been noticing is that I'm having some discomfort, specifically when standing up in the "attack position", I feel like I'm a little too hunched over due to my height. I'm 6'4 and 205lbs. 

After doing some research I purchased some renthal rc high handlebars.... Idiotic me made the mistake of purchasing them in 7/8 size to save money... I learned today while attempting to install my new bars that the WR250F comes stock with "fat bars". So my new handles bars did not bit. 

After comparing the two sets of bars it didn't look like I was going to gain much height with the new bars anyway. 

Has anyone else swapped bars on this generation of the WR250F of done over modifications to help with comfort for tall riders? 

I swapped out the bar mounts for taller ones and moved the mounts forward in the clamps. I went up 10 or 15 mm. I don’t remember.

Bar Risers, 25mm and front mounts with Aluminium Wedges to replace the stock rubber blocks works for me. 6'4 on '17 WR450

48 minutes ago, ChampWazza said:

Bar Risers, 25mm and front mounts with Aluminium Wedges to replace the stock rubber blocks works for me. 6'4 on '17 WR450

What brands did you go with for risers? 

tus_16_rub_mou_han_cla_kit_wit_pol_bus-1Tusk have a kit available to us in New Zealand. I found the alloy inserts far superior at keeping the bars straight after a tip-over. 

I am 6' 3.5" with 34 inside leg so I know what you are going through, as I have a '16 WR250

I fitted Renthall 'RC High' bars which are 35mm higher than stock, plus bar risers plus 'Rox Risers'

The bars are about 100mm higher than stock

Lowered the footpegs by having them cut off and welded back on 10mm lower down, plus the GYTR taller seat.

This needed custom longer cables (+50mm)

The hassle was worth it, as I can now stand up on the pegs in comfort

Edited by GuyGraham

I'm your size and went with Rox solid risers. They move the bars forward as well as up.

Regular risers move the bars up and slightly back, not an ideal fix- feels like your getting pushed back into a seated position all the time.

For me, the Rox risers feel much better than stock. More comfortable while standing, don't feel that I'm squatting over the bars anymore.

One nice thing about them is you can run either 7/8" or 1 1/8" bars.

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-dual-sport-dirt-bike-handlebar-risers/products/1-1-4-block-offset-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

tumblr_pcl7paaPeC1wwv7beo1_1280.jpg

Edited by dannyb

2 hours ago, dannyb said:

I'm your size and went with Rox solid risers. They move the bars forward as well as up.

Regular risers move the bars up and slightly back, not an ideal fix- feels like your getting pushed back into a seated position all the time.

For me, the Rox risers feel much better than stock. More comfortable while standing, don't feel that I'm squatting over the bars anymore.

One nice thing about them is you can run either 7/8" or 1 1/8" bars.

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-dual-sport-dirt-bike-handlebar-risers/products/1-1-4-block-offset-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

tumblr_pcl7paaPeC1wwv7beo1_1280.jpg

This looks like the option I'll go with! Thanks