Question for Dr.Mark Plated Pubic bone

Hello Dr Mark, two months ago I had nasty crash and woke up with a plate and 6 screws holding my Pubic Symphysis bone together and One screw threw my hip  into my SI joint. My Question is this a career riding injury? Im a bit scared of crashing again and the hardware fails. I ride and race the B class and Vet class. Thanks for your imput

Assuming that the tallywacker is working fine, this should turn out ok.  Some residual back pain can be expected.  What does you doctor say?

• Haha 1

Morning Doc thanks for getting back to me. I haven't herd anything on this injury or the outcomes other then some woman splitting there Pubic bones giving birth ouch and having to get them screwed and plated!  Yea he seems to think I will be able to get back to all my favorite activities just fine pretty sure he doesn't know anything about Mx thoe .I am two months out and did a 2.5 mile walk yesterday with no issues. Now trying to get the swelling out of my hand with 3 broken fingers is a whole other story my hand looks and feels like a catchers mit  My plated collarbone is 100%  haven't had a get off in 5 years guess I had it coming urggg.Thanks for all your years of service and helping everyone Dr Mark!!!!!

It seems like non-riding docs will tell you you shouldn't be riding. It's kind of a knee jerk reaction. The question to be asking your doc is if you are fully healed. I am 12 weeks past knee replacement. My doc fully believes in getting back to my normal life. I asked about riding and he said fine. His only restriction is no running. He seems very confident in his work. I told my PT I wanted to be riding by the first of September. He was a little unsure but ramped up my program to ass kicker speed. It's your bod and if there is no specific risk like your neck or back or your 10th or 12th concussion I say go for it.

• Like 1

Yea thanks he doesn't ride. I have the same injury as Cole Ceelys Pelvis he said he said he will be back on the bike next month. Im a 16th of his skill level so I should be ok.Thanks for your Reply.

It's always a good policy to tell your doc everything, so they can recommend the best treatment for your future.

...several years ago, I broke my collarbone in a race, and it was plated after it didn't heal in 12 weeks. the doc asked if/when I was going to return to racing,  I told him ASAP.  😁  

He recommended racing with the plate for 1 year, and then having it removed so the bone would fully heal back to original strength.