ASP1227

App is bugging out

Question

Hey guys this thing is acting up. I think it’s running rich, it bogs, loads up, and is spooging.....

Seriously though, on the mobile app I’m having an issue where it double posts and loads slow in one specific thread. This has been happening for about 10 or so days now. And whenever I post in that thread it never loads all the way, and then sends me a post error message, by the post still ends up being there.

26 answers to this question

If you are still experiencing any issues with the ThumperTalk mobile app do the following:

iOS devices

1. open the TT app
  2. Menu > Sign Out
  3. Menu > Settings > Clear Cache

Android devices

1. Go to android settings (leave TT app closed)
  2. Go to "Apps & Notifications" (depending on your version of android, it might be slightly different wording)
  3. Find the ThumperTalk app in the list, tap it and then hit "Force Stop"
  4. Tap "Storage" > then "Clear Data"

After you've completed the above steps you can sign back into your account in the ThumperTalk app, and all should be working again.

• Like 1

We've update the site and are going to be tuning servers for the next week or two.  The back end changes we've made should resolve this issue entirely as we finish tuning over the next 1-2 weeks. 

Please report back and let me know if you're still having this issue.

I uninstalled mine and just use online now, I wasn't getting notifications and  it didn't work very well..

One thing that's a little troubling about the app, I received raw code as output from a failed login attempt. I don't have a way to post it but looks like it's supposed to come up with "Forgot Password" and "OK". Instead it has a scrolling page of code, looks to be HTML but still probably don't want that exposed to the average user. Unfortunately I don't have a way to capture it and upload it for you to see. All I did was open the app and it requested I sign in, the credentials were stored so I tapped sign in. Then the error came up.

I get that too all the time

Yeah it isn’t normal yet. I always get an error when I post and it turns into a double post

On 8/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, ASP1227 said:

Yeah it isn’t normal yet. I always get an error when I post and it turns into a double post

The next time you get a double post please go to this website and hit the "more info" button, take a screenshot and post it here or pm me with it please.

https://fast.com/

• Like 1

Here’s the error I get when I postIMG_6155.JPG
It loads for a while and then this pops up. I hit cancel and discard the draft. When I refresh the page it shows two posts. I also did the fast.com and got this IMG_6156.JPG

On 8/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, TeamGreenPilot said:

The App is still double clutching 

On 8/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, ASP1227 said:

Did you happen to notice if this only happens when you're replying to hug topics with dozens or even hundreds of posts in the topic?

Lol you mean the Mega senior thread.... it’s done it occasionally on others...lets see what happens here on this one, I’m on mobile now

Yeah it’s only on huge threads now that I think of it, specifically just one.

Thanks guys. Your info helped track this down.  We know what the problem is now and can replicate the issue.  Which also means we can fix it. 

I'm done for the weekend, but I'll get on it Monday and have a fix next week. 

• Like 2

What's up Mister Wilson, i can't find Team from the app, nor can i send or receive PMs. I tried deleting and reloading the app and logging in and out, no dices.
I found team, still boned on PMs though.