Sign in to follow this  

Should I keep my 2001 kx125 or buy a 2004 rm250

So I have been riding for some time and am wondering if I should keep my current bike (2001 kx125 it has boysen carbon fiber reeds, Procircuit full exhaust with r304 sillencer, revalved suspension, and the typical woods bike accessory bark busters, flywheel weight etc. But I'm not sure if I should send my motor out to eric gorr and get it punched to a 144 and ported for low and mid. Or get a 2004 rm250 with a full procircuit exhaust and revalved suspension as my new woods race bike. What would you guys suggest?

Edited by Dylan K

Any reason in particular for the rm as I love how light my 125 is how much of a difference will I feel in weight? I have riden friends yz250s and they just feel heavy to turn and all around heavy.

51 minutes ago, Dylan K said:

Any reason in particular for the rm as I love how light my 125 is how much of a difference will I feel in weight? I have riden friends yz250s and they just feel heavy to turn and all around heavy.

You either like 125s or you don't. 250 way easier to ride and only 25 pounds heavier. I'll take that weight penalty every day given the versatility of the 250. YZs don't turn that well compared to the RM250.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:13 PM, shrubitup said:

You either like 125s or you don't. 250 way easier to ride and only 25 pounds heavier. I'll take that weight penalty every day given the versatility of the 250. YZs don't turn that well compared to the RM250.

Well I'm gonna be off the new bike for a while now just got 14 stitches while racing open c in an mx was getting ready to take the lead and went off jump hit a kicker and went over the bars and got hit by the clutch lever in the elbow (6 stiches) and a foot peg to the knee (8 stitches)

5 minutes ago, Dylan K said:

Well I'm gonna be off the new bike for a while now just got 14 stitches while racing open c in an mx was getting ready to take the lead and went off jump hit a kicker and went over the bars and got hit by the clutch lever in the elbow (6 stiches) and a foot peg to the knee (8 stitches)

Get the 250 and ride trails only; much fewer injuries that way.