CTI Knee Braces in the US? and How to Try Brands

Posted (edited)

I want to get knee braces and I'm willing to pay what I need to protect my knees as best as possible. I've looked at reviews and it's impossible to know which would work best for me without trying them on first. CTI braces seem to get very high marks so I would like to look seriously at them but I think they are a U.K. brand. Can I get them in the US? I've not had much luck finding anything here although I think I need to go to an ortho supplier. One thing though about CTI braces; they leave the knee exposed because there is no cap over the knee compared to other (more MC specific) brands. Would I need to wear knee guards on top of the knee braces? 

I'm willing to look at others too but the only way I can see to try different brands would be to order several and return what I don't want; through Revzilla for instance. Even though I'm in Philly and their store is here, they won't bring in merchandise unless I pay for it first. Maybe the only option.

Anyone buy CTI braces in the US? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by designo23
Clarification

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, designo23 said:

I want to get knee braces and I'm willing to pay what I need to protect my knees as best as possible. I've looked at reviews and it's impossible to know which would work best for me without trying them on first. CTI braces seem to get very high marks so I would like to look seriously at them but I think they are a U.K. brand. Can I get them in the US? I've not had much luck finding anything here although I think I need to go to an ortho supplier. One thing though about CTI braces; they leave the knee exposed because there is no cap over the knee compared to other (more MC specific) brands. Would I need to wear knee guards on top of the knee braces? 

I'm willing to look at others too but the only way I can see to try different brands would be to order several and return what I don't want; through Revzilla for instance. Even though I'm in Philly and their store is here, they won't bring in merchandise unless I pay for it first. Maybe the only option.

Anyone buy CTI braces in the US? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

CTI is very popular with doctors. I have one for my rebuilt knee my insurance bought, awesome brace. Ebay has them on the site often, yes they are custom fit, but many people get them with surgery and never use them. It took me three tries to buy one to fit my good knee for about $100. Even for a custom fit brace it literally could not fit any better. I resold the ones that didn't fit on Ebay in a couple of weeks for what I paid for them. You can get a knee cup kit that covers your knee, I have them on both. It is called a patella cup and attaches permanently to the brace and doesn't move around. When I got my first CTI2 they were almost $2,000, but that was what insurance paid.

I have tried the cheapo mx types and they do not fit well under mx pants, pinch and bind, tear up your bike where they rub and are uncomfortable. When I ride with my CTI's on I don't even know they are there unless I get off the bike and have to walk a long ways. A lot of NFL players wear them. My brother crashed his bike going fast on the rocks in a Colorado enduro and blew his up, not his knee, but trashed the brace. The same Doc as the Denver Broncos said what the hell did you do to this brace, they have a lifetime warranty if you buy new, they rebuilt his brace no questions asked except, what color do you want it?

Mine are CTI-2 and this is exactly what they look like, love mine, best braces around.

cti_patella_cup.jpg

Edited by kdxyardsale