Fire near Cow Mt.

9 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

My wife actually said she talk about moving.

Ft Bragg was her idea. 

Do it. Was just there. I hear they need plenty of good medical professionals.

Lots of equipment heading north to Lake County on Monday when we were driving back. Hoping for the best for Lakeport.

Given that so much of the Lake, Napa and Sonoma counties have burned in the last 5 years. Might be a good idea if the .gov's started working on some massive fuel break and reduction projects. Now is the time, cheaper now than when it grows back.

• Like 2

This is a terrible situation for everyone but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.  Looks like we will be able to ride trail 17 standing up now instead of chin on the bars.

A new fire just popped up near Covelo.  Hopefully they jump on that one before it gets too big but I'm sure our fire fighting resources are spread to the max right now.  Certainly more homes to protect near the Upper Lake area compared to Covelo.

6 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Friends loosing houses now, 

day 4 in a hotel 

TT needs a dislike button.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cobra46 said:

This is a terrible situation for everyone but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.  Looks like we will be able to ride trail 17 standing up now instead of chin on the bars.

A new fire just popped up near Covelo.  Hopefully they jump on that one before it gets too big but I'm sure our fire fighting resources are spread to the max right now.  Certainly more homes to protect near the Upper Lake area compared to Covelo.

TT needs a dislike button.

We have to ride that and 24 looks saved! 

That would be the Indian Dick area and if that goes which it has started let it go.

Nothing there and as dense as it gets here. 

Edited by Babyarmholdingapple

21 hours ago, lakeportmike said:

This was taken today up at Penny Pines where trail 10 crosses the road.  One of the reasons I still live in Lake County is all the available riding areas close to my house...but damn ... in the last year...Middlecreek, Cow Mtn, Indian Valley and Knoxville have all burned!

38204272_1774267962692498_6259890060548636672_o.jpg

It’s worse now than you think, it has really moved east now...

I am a Lakeport Evacuee as well. This is going to kill breaking in my new 450FX any time soon near home. 

In Williams at the Econolodge going on night three with wife, two kids, two dogs and the cat! Bikes and race cars safe so far!

I was on my way home from fishing in Alaska. When I was finally back in civilization I called the wife on Saturday morning. Been a heck of a ride since! This motel room is getting smaller by the minute. Cant wait to be home as I will likely have one. Very sad for some that don't have homes to return too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtDgr said:

I am a Lakeport Evacuee as well. This is going to kill breaking in my new 450FX any time soon near home. 

In Williams at the Econolodge going on night three with wife, two kids, two dogs and the cat! Bikes and race cars safe so far!

I was on my way home from fishing in Alaska. When I was finally back in civilization I called the wife on Saturday morning. Been a heck of a ride since! This motel room is getting smaller by the minute. Cant wait to be home as I will likely have one. Very sad for some that don't have homes to return too.

Where do you live, I’m in Lakeport right now...

IMG_6400.JPG

Middlecreek trails are is serious trouble. Really hope it doesn’t keep going over to Stonyford.

Thanks to@Hockdog for working his ass off with the rest of the PG&E crew who are trying to keep the power on for these people!
He took the picture too.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Smokey as hell but I just woke up in my bed!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling.  Been evacuated before during the fires in San Diego in the past.  Last time the fire came within about ten yards of my place.  Homeowner’s insurance usually covers any smoke damage if you have any

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1