Dr350 Speedometer help

Hey fellas, new to tt just got back into riding after some years. Never been mechanically inclined, some may even say I'm mechanically challenged...Anyhow got my old dr running again & the speedo is not working...looked around the web to no avail so figured I'd ask here there is a pic attached of the meter and bike and troubleshooting tips or where to start would be greatly appreciated?

Screenshot_2018-07-30-11-07-58.png

20180729_161619.jpg

How is it not working? No power at all, or just not displaying the speed?

If no power, check the wires for any damage.

If no speed, look for a wire leading to the front wheel, either connected to a plastic hub-type thing on the axle on the right side, or possibly a small sensor mounted near the axle on the left side (caliper side). If aftermarket, it may use a magnet attached to the rotor which could have fallen off.

Okay, looking at your pic it does appear to have the standard speedo cable running from the right side of the axle. Assuming this is attached to the speedo, and if your problem is in fact that it's not showing the speed, these are a mechanical item that can wear and break over time. Check for any damage by unscrewing the cable from the speedo, and if needed, removing the front wheel and axle to check the speedo hub unit for damage.