Just discovered this bike and it checks all of the boxes for what I want a bike to do. It'll take me to work and I can hit the trails with my dirt bike buddies. I have no intentions of going on the interstate so the fastest I'll be going is 55mph. Im just seeking pointers of what to look for when buying one. I've found one with an acerbis tank, corbin seat, frame guards etc.. for $1800 but it has 34,000 miles. Is that a little high for these bikes? If so whats a good mileage to look for when buying one? What should I check when inspecting a potiental bike?

With in the last month or so, I bought two DR350's for my son and I to dual sport together on.  I agree that they are a great bike.  FYI with stock gearing they will cruise on the highway at 65 with out struggling or over revving.  You can run lower, more trail oriented gearing and still cruise at 55 comfortably.

I know these bikes go for many miles, so I can't speak to the miles so much.  The high mileage could be a positive because for myself I would rather own a well maintained bike with alot of miles racked up than a bike that sat neglected for a decade.  

That said after looking for a few months, being patient and being wiling to drive several hours to pick up the bike I found a 98 and a 99 with 6,000 and 10,000 miles on them.  I spent $1,600 and $2,200 on them respectively.  

Check out the DR350 thread on ADVRider.  There are tons of posts spanning the last ten years or more.  Good luck!

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/dr350-thread.230695/page-2836#post-35598300

With in the last month or so, I bought two DR350's for my son and I to dual sport together on.  I agree that they are a great bike.  FYI with stock gearing they will cruise on the highway at 65 with out struggling or over revving.  You can run lower, more trail oriented gearing and still cruise at 55 comfortably.
I know these bikes go for many miles, so I can't speak to the miles so much.  The high mileage could be a positive because for myself I would rather own a well maintained bike with alot of miles racked up than a bike that sat neglected for a decade.  
That said after looking for a few months, being patient and being wiling to drive several hours to pick up the bike I found a 98 and a 99 with 6,000 and 10,000 miles on them.  I spent $1,600 and $2,200 on them respectively.  
Check out the DR350 thread on ADVRider.  There are tons of posts spanning the last ten years or more.  Good luck!
https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/dr350-thread.230695/page-2836#post-35598300

You all are awesome! I couldnt find these sites through google. Thank you!
  • Like 1

Prices are all over - depends on timing, location, and just luck. I picked up a second '90 DR last summer for $350 and got it running with a carb clean, ended up trading it off. I've sunk over $3,000 into my own '90 making it street legal, full rebuild & lots of aftermarket stuff, and that's doing the work myself! Typically I see them around here in good clean shape for around $1,500.

If that bike has solid service records $1,800 is not unreasonable with the aftermarket stuff, but it should be in tip-top shape. New chain, sprockets, tires, oil, recent valve adjustment, solid bearings, cables, etc. All of those wear items can add up.

Take it for a test ride and see if they'll take a little less. Or hold out for something with lower miles. 34k is up there but if it's a well-maintained bike I'm with brainwashed - I'd take a well-loved bike with high miles over a beater with low miles any day.