My first drz400s and disappointed.plea for advise

Well must be  restricted as just went for my first top speed run and wouldn't  go over 54mph!! I was screaming and slapping it still 54mph?What the hell is up with Europe regulations. I'm being told stock should see 85mph is this with the pair valve and solenoid still installed? 

Well must be  restricted as just went for my first top speed run and wouldn't  go over 54mph!! I was screaming and slapping it still 54mph[emoji33]What the hell is up with Europe regulations. I'm being told stock should see 85mph is this with the pair valve and solenoid still installed? 
Lol. Stock i went 94 on speedo.
Even with jet kit, 3x3, fmf header and exhaust it wont go much more than that. Got it to 98 once (must had the wind with me...lol)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PAIR valve does not affect speed.  Solenoid valve should not be in play in 4th and 5th gear.  Remove the carb top cap and see if there is an inert stopping the slide from fully rising.  And of course remove the carb and see if there is a restriction between the carb and the motor.

• Like 1

Well just to add to the matter iv now noticed the carb is coated in a Amber stick residue only the bottom half the float bowl the top is nice n clean silver, after reading up I have heard the fuel tap goes bad it looks like it's been replaced once already but I suppose if my carb is leaking from the join around the float bowl it must have gone bad again? It's all adding up now the dealer at Kawasaki where I bought it said the day I picked it up that they just did a oil and filter change aswell as the mot, I thought this was a tad strange/nice of them,il add some picks now I think il replace the gasket with a carb rebuild kit and also replace the fuel tap, do you guys think I have every thing covered? This could be my issue with top speed as the carb is vacuum feed and with the fuel leak causing not a good vacuum?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rip the carb out and go through it .  Seems like what happened to me when I didnt have the rubber vacuum part in the top of the carb put back together right .  The bike had zero balls.  Stock I could hammer the throttle in first gear and get the wheel up BEFORE i cleaned the carb, when I put it together wrong it was a complete dog..  Somethings not right inside the carburetor . 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Kieran29 said:

Hi all does anybody know what these 2  electrical connectors are attached to the carb it's not the throttle position sensor or the solenoid? It's baffled me? Thanks 

image.jpeg

I bet that's a carb warmer for cold climates.  I think in some regions that was a standard feature.

• Helpful 1

Thanks for all the reply's I was thinking the culprit is the carb got it off an hour ago going to strip it in the morning, oh yeah a heater for cold mornings didn't think of thanks thanks guys.no balls is a great explanation of how it's being lol I'd get smoked by any 125 at the min! Got a carb rebuild kit on way as well, I bought it from Kawasaki dealer but 2 hours away so spoke to them today they said a it's ok to go ahead and clean carb/ install rebuild kit and if not I can take it for there main machanic to sort it's just I have to rent a van twice and 8 hour drive plus waiting 3 weeks as there booked up, thanks Kawasaki ??great Custer service ??

So I think iv found my issue the float bowl gasket is broken and also while checking the diaphragm in the carb it seems it has swollen some how and I can not get it to reseat into the carb? As I opened it up the diaphragm was openend out? Il up load a vid and pics please any help is appreciated.

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Kieran29 said:

So I think iv found my issue the float bowl gasket is broken and also while checking the diaphragm in the carb it seems it has swollen some how and I can not get it to reseat into the carb? As I opened it up the diaphragm was openend out? Il up load a vid and pics please any help is appreciated.

image.jpeg

lol just flip it back down

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, Kieran29 said:

image.jpeg

That should just fold back down and seat up.  Did you get it going ?