wildbillsgarage

2017 DR650 Cush Bearings Warranty Issue!!! help!

Posted (edited)

Now that's a major bummer!, I'd skip dealing with recalls and just buy the older part, let eBay be your friend!  "Yes" Suzuki should be replacing it but as you say, you've already missed out on some riding and there's no telling how many rides you have left.  Then with the knowledge that you are going to replace it shortly, just keep an eye on it and continue riding knowing that within a couple weeks it'll be replaced.

Edited by zig06
  • Like 1

Yupper. Buuut... as you have suggested, I have taken things into me own hands (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) and thats all i'm gonna say about that, for now. Hope they call me next week, but you are so right. Wheels are turning, it's really minor in the long run. Yet, it's still hard to believe that the dampers have so much play in 100 kms! WTF? I took it apart and the hub literally fell out, it was so loose. It's been more than a week and still no response, although I have not tried to harang them again. Soon enough though.  Do you think Suzuki will blow me off? I like to think not... buuut. I think it's wrong, it's under warranty and they owe me at least a good story. Fixing the problem would be nice. Either it needs fatter dampers or the inside or outside carrier needs to be replaced. Maybe they'll send me a milk carton to make spacers... yuk yuk.

"taken things into your own hangs", not even going to go there!

Not sure if it's Factory Suzuki giving you a had time, the regional distributor or your local dealership.  Recalls in the US take a long time to get moving, not sure about Canada.  Hopefully this gets resolved soon, be sure to post what finally happens because it sounds like it's only a matter of time before this shows up on the US bikes.  Have you posted anything in www.DRriders.com ??

Yep, posted all over... Just talked to the Dealer who just talked to Suzuki Canada, someone went on vacation so waiting continues. The 2018 they just serviced had loose dampers and they sent him home and said "ride on". Not what they told me, so now I've shimmed mine and am also riding. If he can ride, I can ride, and all he'll see is my old ass... lol. The moment I hear from Suzuki it'll be pasted everywhere!

Waiting for big brother to respond.... I've shimmed and am riding. They are sending 2018's out the door with loose dampers. Maybe it's ok? Don't make sense, but what do I know? It's been over a week. We better not hold our breath.

20 hours ago, wildbillsgarage said:

Waiting for big brother to respond.... I've shimmed and am riding. They are sending 2018's out the door with loose dampers. Maybe it's ok? Don't make sense, but what do I know? It's been over a week. We better not hold our breath.

Hmmm, just for the fun of it I need to check my DR.  It's an '03 with over 27,000 miles.  I'm at work right now and my bike isn't... please stand by.

• Like 1

7 hours later...

Just checked my '03 DR650, 27,000 miles on the clock and the sprocket carrier is "tight"!

0804182156.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zig06 said:

7 hours later...

Just checked my '03 DR650, 27,000 miles on the clock and the sprocket carrier is "tight"!

0804182156.jpg

Nice machine!

14 hours ago, wildbillsgarage said:

Nice machine!

Thanks!, so much has been done but there's so much more that I could do...