Have a 7x16 V nose enclosed trailer.  Looking to haul 2-3 bikes and 2 trx 250 4 wheelers. Would you guys suggest the 2 4wheelers up front bikes in bike or visca versa? Any have picks of thwre set ups.  I got 2 L tracks down the side for now debating on adding another L track down the center?

20180716_180659.jpg

thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure about having that weight all thr way in the rear..

On 8/5/2018 at 5:01 AM, xlntryde said:

thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure about having that weight all thr way in the rear..

That's what I was going to ask... where is your axle located?

I suggest kwads up front bikes at back.

Can you do two bikes up front, quads over the axles, then one bike in back?

ATVs on the side, snuggle the bikes up next to them against the other wall?

Maybe throw a bike or two in the pickup?

On 8/9/2018 at 4:22 PM, BushPig said:

That's what I was going to ask... where is your axle located?

I suggest kwads up front bikes at back.

16'er. I would think with the bikes in front the kwads would be somewhat over the axle (s). If they are somewhat behind the axle, the weight of the bikes would counteract. 

• Like 1

You don't want too much weight on the hitch either. From the side the axle is probably well back on the trailer. I see more trailers loaded too heavy on the front, than those loaded to lightly up front. A friend recently complained about his trailers handling to me. Thinking maybe it was his pickup, or his hitch,  i took over my half ton and hooked onto it, straight onto the ball, no weight distribution hitch used. Looking at the sag on the rear of my pickup I knew the problem was the hitch weight. I moved the heavy items in his trailer to the back and the light stuff to the front. Then i went for a drive, and it towed perfectly. So with no fancy hitch on my half ton, and perfect towing,  I said it is not the trailers fault, but how you loaded it incorrectly. He isn't even using his fancy hitch now, just straight on the ball, and his 3/4 ton is towing it like a dream. It is only a measly 21 foot travel trailer, not some heavy beast of a trailer. But as someone who tows a LOT, I see this sort of thing all too often, people who overload the hitch, and then think some fancy weight distribution hitch cranked up really tight can fix their problems. 

• Like 2