Carb problems when standing on adventure bike

Very weird problem here in Mongolia.  Instarted doing a lot of off roaring here.  The bike has my luggage in it including a giant loop bag.  The bike has run great the entire trip from San Diego, but not much of that was off road.  

When I stand on the bike the carb seems to flood out and cut off.  Really weird.  My best guess is it has something to do with the air box not getting enough airflow.  When I sit the carb immediately recovers and keeps going.  It is altitude independent.

ideas/comments?

Check the kickstand switch. It is very common to press against the kickstand with your boot when standing. It describes your symptoms.

• Like 8

Check the kickstand switch. It is very common to press against the kickstand with your boot when standing. It describes your symptoms.
Good guess! I know when i stand my heal of my boot always rests on the kickstand, but my switch has been bypassed.
  • Like 3

Did you bypass the kickstand safety switch? If not, you have discovered one of the reasons why it is recommended to do so.

I've heard of that many times also . A person tends to squeeze the frame when standing and the heel pushes down on the sidestand . Most people have the safety bypassed and doesn't think of it till the one bike that still has the damn thing .

First answer was dead in.  It’s the safety switch I’m kickstand.  Damn thing nearly killed me a couple of times.  I readjusted my foot position a bit and it helped a lot.  I made it across Mongolia with that POS and will remove it here in Ulaanbaatar.  Thanks again to the community here for saving my ass...again!

• Like 1