Stonyford torched again?

On 8/13/2018 at 3:42 PM, BigBelly said:

Looking at the most recent fire maps, it looks like Letts and Little Stony are now gone as well...  Bummer.  Continued prayers for all the lives lost this fire season.  Unbelievable destruction.

little stony was saved.

image.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbob said:

Great info Hawaii , I was a usfs sawyer once. Too old now for that hard volunteer work. Will cheer you all on.

your not to old, you helped me, paid for my saw chain, cant remember who sponsored me with all the  liquor  but that keep me out there for another week, problem is all the dead trees rot and fall across the trail and most people dont pack saws, there is allot of burnt timber in upperlake and the fir prices are very good right now, hope it can be salvaged BUT the mill is stuffed with salvage from last years fire. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, squid reuel said:

big time, it takes a few years for the trees to rot and fall over like at stonyford 

We've gots our work cut out for us. Be interesting how fast and how much logging takes place. That will be the key factor.

13 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

Never to old to throw for me..

never to old, just come out and watch is good enough for me, if i cut my leg off or get trapped under a tree you could save my life.. iv done some danger's  and dumb ass shit out there  removing snags..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

We've gots our work cut out for us. Be interesting how fast and how much logging takes place. That will be the key factor.

just saw a video from the top of elk heading to the Pillsbury, looks like penny P was ground fire and were we logged and thinned , and the FS brushed and did controlled burning held up to only ground fire, its a great example of good forest management.. i posted it on my space book 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bigbob said:

Do they know what started this fire yet?

my friend ralph said its the government and agenda 21, they are spraying keem trails for weather modification and using the HARP system with energy direct weapons from outer space that shoot blue lazor beams down to start the fires 

• Like 4

unless its arson, you never hear of how these huge fires get started. The unholy politicians in this greenie state and their media cohorts have the coastal cities sheeple believing it global warming and spontaneous combustion.   we never hear the truth.    I like most everyone hear marketing and half truths and flat out lies and misinformation in the world and at work all the time.   It's like can't people see thru the lies by the govt.    awfull.  rant over.     Awful devastation. I would think the wild life loses are huge, a lot of animals are ash too.   Sad 

Edited by bigbob

On 8/18/2018 at 12:18 PM, squid reuel said:

never to old, just come out and watch is good enough for me, if i cut my leg off or get trapped under a tree you could save my life.. iv done some danger's  and dumb ass shit out there  removing snags..

it's good to have a supervisor!