Calluses hurting when riding

Benefits of Vitamin C ;

Vitamin C plays an important role in the growth and repair of tissue in all parts of your body.

The nutrient has been shown to:

Heal wounds and form scar tissue

Assist in the growth of healthy skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels

Repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth

Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, which means it can help block the damaging effects of free radicals, which the body makes as it breaks down food or is exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.

Free radicals have long been associated with the aging process, and they have been shown to play a role in the development of cancer, heart disease, and arthritis.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jaguar57 said:

The main problem here is that his tissues lack strength, probably due to a vitamin C deficiency. Most animals internally make their own vit C  but humans don't. Lack of it causes tissues to easily rupture. Your lack is the elephant in the room.

No it is a reaction to skin shear such as feet and most callus information is focused on feet but info is universal.

Wounds not healing due to lack of Vitamin C is scurvy and refers 

to the inability of collagen tissue (scar tissue ) to form.  A callous is not a scar.  

Very painful riding after 30 minutes or so. The pain is under/around the calluses. I have NEVER gotten a blister from riding a dirtbike. 
I try and trim the calluses before each ride but it doesn’t seem to help. 
Ive tried 4 different pairs of gloves and 3 different kinds of grips. Anybody have a solution. 

Picture shows effected areas. 

41F06709-2F6C-4651-9779-9CEFC3454F3F.thumb.jpeg.30cce0fe4f78e33088dcbe5e591044ae.jpeg

Go and spend three months as a brickies labourer carting stuff in wheelbarrows, that will sort you out [emoji106][emoji857]
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, The mad hatter said:

Go and spend three months as a brickies labourer carting stuff in wheelbarrows, that will sort you out emoji106.pngemoji857.png

Us tradesmen have a one up on the office guys in tough hands..eh? 

• Like 4

Honestly it is very possible that you just need to adjust your handlebars.  If it’s not death grip, or the grips or gloves, your bars may be causing you to be out of comfortable position you have to compensate for with your hands.  

Its that or your suspension needs work, tuning or revalving.  Maybe softer springs (assuming you trail ride)

Have you played with Ouija boards in the past?

It’s possible you invited a demon to possess you, and he’s giving you callouses and hand pains.

You should find a priest who’s skilled in exorcisms - one that is adept in differentiating between heavenly and malevolent spirits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poldies4 said:

Us tradesmen have a one up on the office guys in tough hands..eh? 

I work on a linecrew and worked 1300 hours of overtime last year. 

Ive never worked inside and I never plan too. 

12 minutes ago, OKDinosaur said:

Have you played with Ouija boards in the past?

It’s possible you invited a demon to possess you, and he’s giving you callouses and hand pains.

You should find a priest who’s skilled in exorcisms - one that is adept in differentiating between heavenly and malevolent spirits. 

Do the ones at Walmart work?

48 minutes ago, hondaxr650rrrr said:

Make sure the palms of your gloves do not bunch up when gripping the bars. I use fox Pawtectors. Try a large grip such as Progrip Rally 714, extremely soft.

I just bought the higher end leatt gloves and it’s literally like I’m not wearing gloves. I even got a size on the tight side just to make sure there was zero bunching. 

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I say since you have tried virtually everything maybe it's time for a big bottle of lotion and keep applying it to your hands a bunch of times per day until you have hands like a baby. ?

When I shot competitively I actually would lotion my hands a lot. The hour + daily dry fire would wreak havoc on my hands and tear calluses off. 

1 hour ago, M3t said:

Honestly it is very possible that you just need to adjust your handlebars.  If it’s not death grip, or the grips or gloves, your bars may be causing you to be out of comfortable position you have to compensate for with your hands.  

Its that or your suspension needs work, tuning or revalving.  Maybe softer springs (assuming you trail ride)

I haven’t messed with bars much. 

Move never even bought a set of aftermarket bars. I’m 6ft and like to stay in the attack position so stock bars have always been fine (so far). Bikes are also coming with good quality bars now days. 

2 hours ago, Jim Dettman said:

I haven't been getting out much, so when I go to ride, i have a problem.

I found I like these rather than taping my hands:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/839/60789/Tusk-Palm-Protectors?s=1197083&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIivyS-qLZ3AIVBODICh03GQ7REAQYASABEgJB5fD_BwE

I wear thin gloves with just a touch of padding.

Jim.

Had a set of the Kevlar ones and have them away. Might try the ones like this. 

16 minutes ago, LukeYZ426F said:

I work on a linecrew and worked 1300 hours of overtime last year. 

Ive never worked inside and I never plan too. 

Do the ones at Walmart work?

maybe you should work without gloves then.  Us carpenters don't have this issue.? 

12 minutes ago, LukeYZ426F said:

I haven’t messed with bars much. 

Move never even bought a set of aftermarket bars. I’m 6ft and like to stay in the attack position so stock bars have always been fine (so far). Bikes are also coming with good quality bars now days. 

Had a set of the Kevlar ones and have them away. Might try the ones like this. 

I agree that stock ones are plenty good, but it depends on what you do.  For example, a YZ125 would come with different bars than say a KTM 150 XCW, since one is for motocross and the other for trails (aka sitting vs standing more).  But, I'm sure you'd know if the bars were the issue.  Just throwing it out there.  It's also possible they're just too stiff for what you do/your type of riding/riding style.

46 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

maybe you should work without gloves then.  Us carpenters don't have this issue.? 

I actually don’t wear gloves (unless it’s energized). I had that typed out and then deleted it, thought o sounded like a 4th grader trying to prove how tough he is ?

so your hands never hurt UNDER all the rough and callused skin? It’s not blisters, it’s just like sore from the top layer of hard skin moving around. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, M3t said:

I agree that stock ones are plenty good, but it depends on what you do.  For example, a YZ125 would come with different bars than say a KTM 150 XCW, since one is for motocross and the other for trails (aka sitting vs standing more).  But, I'm sure you'd know if the bars were the issue.  Just throwing it out there.  It's also possible they're just too stiff for what you do/your type of riding/riding style.

I’m riding a 17 250FX. I run stock bars cut to 29.75”. I am currently running OEM 17+ ktm odi lock ons. I also use a mako 360.