Beta Passenger Peg Assembly

Has anyone actual gotten one of these? Not that I would ever take a passenger but I would carry some luggage (like a Mojavi setup and maybe more for some backcountry overnighting. Being around 275lbs maybe it would be a smart buy.

But what is the actual differences with the subframe uprights? Weight difference? Maybe the peg mounts would be a good spot to strap the saddlebags to? 

Or are they the same uprights with just some threaded insets for the pegs themselves? 

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/passenger-peg-kit/offroad-dual-sport_rr-rs-rr-s_2018-rr-s-rr-race-ed-4-stroke_chassis_body-protection?pp=12

4323d7b1b4055541a7e530a3374491a9.jpg?152

Edited by Chase Jiannalone

I have the kit and my dealer installed it as it was backordered when I BYOB my bike. 

I have never used them but am glad I have them in case I ever need to double someone out of the woods or something or if I ever want to double someone on the road.  

As far as I can tell the uprights are the same but yes, they just have the threaded inserts and reinforcement/flange for the footpeg mounts to screw/bolt into.  The uprights that came off the bike are really light but I can't imagine that the footpeg uprights are much heavier.  Even the footpegs and their mounts are not all that heavy as it is all aluminum.  

On 8/9/2018 at 7:11 PM, Ben500RR-S said:

I have the kit and my dealer installed it as it was backordered when I BYOB my bike. 

I have never used them but am glad I have them in case I ever need to double someone out of the woods or something or if I ever want to double someone on the road.  

As far as I can tell the uprights are the same but yes, they just have the threaded inserts and reinforcement/flange for the footpeg mounts to screw/bolt into.  The uprights that came off the bike are really light but I can't imagine that the footpeg uprights are much heavier.  Even the footpegs and their mounts are not all that heavy as it is all aluminum.  

Hey Ben, can you post a few pix of those uprights installed?

I'm thinking about as set  for much the same reasons, luggage mounting points, possible emergency passenger lift, etc but I have yet to ever see a real photo of them installed on a bike. They aren't cheap, about $250 for the kit if I recall.

Thanks

Exactly the same but with the pegs. 

Not beefed up if that what you're looking for. 

• Like 1

Yes, they are exactly the same, they just have ONE single, threaded hole for the passenger peg mount as the other hole already exists on the bike a little lower on the frame.  

When the pegs are installed, they would help with keeping things from getting hit by the rear wheel though.  

One of just the upright with the hole in it.  One with the peg down, one with the peg folded up.  

P1140261.JPG

P1140262.JPG

P1140263.JPG

Edited by Ben500RR-S

Plus you can lock your boots up against them on long uphills and downhills...

On 8/21/2018 at 11:17 PM, dirtbird said:

Exactly the same but with the pegs. 

Not beefed up if that what you're looking for. 

Thanks DB! Exactly what I was asking. 

Saw a bike from the factory for a customer with these on it at my beta dealer on Friday. Looked cool but can't see how this is so damn expensive. I'd grab it for $100 but $249 can get you a really nice tail bag from Wolfman. 

I plan to order a 19 500,and one reason the Beta is at the top of my list is the passenger pegs. My 10 and 7 year olds like to go for little putts on the backroads with me,and the Husky dealer flat out told me that wouldn’t be an option with that machine and it’s plastic subframe.

26 minutes ago, timmyp8823 said:

I plan to order a 19 500,and one reason the Beta is at the top of my list is the passenger pegs. My 10 and 7 year olds like to go for little putts on the backroads with me,and the Husky dealer flat out told me that wouldn’t be an option with that machine and it’s plastic subframe.

The BETA has a plastic/composite sub frame as well! When my kids were young i had them sit in front of me with there feet sitting on top of my boots & they could hold the bars as well plus get to see where there going rather than looking to the side due to the helmet visor poking you in the back. Overall the only time someone will be riding bitch on a single bore dirt bike is when there KTM bike broke down, LOL!

Had them before, work fine for very short jaunts with kids up to about 10yo. After that they look like a horse jockey with knees above the seat. Not comfortable at all... As stated appeared just like the stock ones with threads for the pegs.