Rand Co area riding

Labor Day weekend, five of us are staying in Granby and riding North of Granby. We've never ridden here so I'm looking for any advice. I've got the two trails illustrated maps, #114 and 115. My understanding is that there is some single track not on these maps? Any help and advice on the area riding would sure be appreciated!

Most of the singletrack is West of hwy 125. Gilsonite is the only legal singletrack close to the Granby side. Willow Creek singletrack starts off Illinois Gulch, so staging at the trailhead for Illinois and CR4 makes it an out and back ride. If you stage here, you can do a loop and still get some good miles in. 

40.391847, -106.127211

1 hour ago, redhurricane said:

Most of the singletrack is West of hwy 125. Gilsonite is the only legal singletrack close to the Granby side. Willow Creek singletrack starts off Illinois Gulch, so staging at the trailhead for Illinois and CR4 makes it an out and back ride. If you stage here, you can do a loop and still get some good miles in. 

40.391847, -106.127211

Ditto on Willow Creek. Generally, plenty of places to camp in the area (if you decide to camp), but get there early -- as the best sites are gone early on holiday weekends. 

Go onlineto the FS District Page (or Stay the Trail   http://staythetrail.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=266593&module_id=224600)      for a copy of the Current MVUM for legal trails. That is the only definitive trail map. They change a bit just about every year, so make sure you get a current one and have those OHV stickers displayed!

Have fun and be safe! 

Edited by mrgem

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, kstrailrider said:

Avenza free app.

Download park ranger district mvum also free.

On your smart phone you can see where your at when your riding. 

Even lay down tracks when your in airplane mode.

Does it automatically do that in airplane mode?? I have not messed too much with it other than locating myself and drop pinning camp spots out riding.

Edited by morphrider