Xr100 with suspension and motor upgrades

Hey guys, 

Just  finished my xr and wanted to share some pictures with what I done. I have read a lot of posts on suspension for the xr, so I’ll share my mods.I got a set of dnm hornet forks from my wife on my birthday. With a new front I had to do a conversion on the back-so I went with a Crf150f swing arm that got off eBay. After some machine work in a Bridgeport mill removing 5/8 off each side it fit. I removed extra 1/4 inch to allow for chain alignment so it could be shimmed. The  frame was over drilled to 14mm and had to shorten the bolt by removing the bolt head and re-weld a nut to the stud. The shock is temporary until I figure linkage or direct mount but for now it’s a 11 inch fast ace 1100 lbs with adjustable rebound. Also for ease of service I drilled and taped the swinger and shock pivots with 6mm zerks. The wheels are the stock Crf150f and installed Ebc slotted brake pads. 

The DNM front forks were a challenge as no bearing combination would work with the 41mm race. I used a set of roller taper stock bearings and shimmed the bearing to the triple stem. Brake caliper had to be modified with a new bracket to use the 240 rotor. Also I have yet to find information to support these forks so if anyone has information on these please let me know.. 

35inch seat height

as for the rest of the build the motor has a engines only 120 kit with cam and slotted cam sprocket and mikuni tm24 carb. Shower head and oil pump by Daytona and alto red eagle clutch with bbr springs and a hydraulic clutch. Cdi and coil, new seals. installed a bbr  cradle with engines only aluminum front mounts. Had to remove 2mm off the engine and frame dowels to get these to work together. A new seat cover and foam with a clean up on the plastic. Let me know what you think. Thanks

5B54105C-A9D1-445D-AC35-B3CC3ECD2CE1.jpeg

1356846C-3E2D-4A38-8C14-C991FAFF3A4F.jpeg

7624E44F-BB9F-4462-9A43-EB4DFEDAD158.jpeg

9A2FFE89-ADD1-47B9-A781-3129F6110067.jpeg

• Like 5

I love everything aside from the front fender and lack of mudflap.  Nice work!   You send it yet?

• Like 1

Thanks - I’m on the fence with the front fender too. I had a crf110 plastic kit and gave the Black front a try. I’m still working the rear shock setting and pre-load and then will install the mud flap. The fast ace shock is a turd but gave me a good starting point. Just at test and tune now.

very nice, great attention to details, give some post ride feedback, thanks   

Thanks all for your reply’s. Have a couple hours on it and changed the oil. The ride height is sweet. The Dnm forks are better than expected. At install I dumped the oil and replaced with 10 weight. I think I’m going to try 15. The fast ace in back is okay except the rebound adjustment is a one click wonder. All the way on slow and it’s slow. Click back one and instant bounce like all the way on fast. So got to find a good 10.5 or 11 inch shock. Other than that the engine is awesome since I replaced the cam chain and sprockets and had the cam timing set. Used Franks numbers for degrees at e/o. Running strong

Do you know the length of the 65 shock and does it have adjustable rebound and compression
I don't remember the length, should be able to search it though or I can measure it tomorrow. But yes it has both compression and rebound adjustment.