Anyone mount WR lights to FX....2017-2018s?

Curious if anyone has done this before...

The rear fender for both models has same part number ,so tail light mounting would depend on electrical connection somewhere.....

Anyone know?

Headlight.....require the electrical connections, I'm told they have the same stator.

I would assume they have the same wiring harness, but assuming things isn't that smart.

Yeah there are options out there but for neatness would be nice to use OEM  tail light.

I have mounted the WR lights to my 17 YZ250FX. They mount very easily as the body parts are exactly the same as the WR. You will need to buy a dual sport wiring harness, on/off switch and a headlight switch along with a 3 prong hlamp bulb connector. Wiring up is very easy if you have some basic electrical skills. It does not wire into the stock wire harness. It is a standalone harness hence the on/off switch. Note, the hlamp mounts to the gauge bracket on the WR so you will need to but that. I cut out everything other than the mounting points as I didn't want the entire bracket. The hlamp comes off with two 8mm bolts in about 30 seconds for switching back to stock. 

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

9 hours ago, MNRXV450 said:

I have mounted the WR lights to my 17 YZ250FX. They mount very easily as the body parts are exactly the same as the WR. You will need to buy a dual sport wiring harness, on/off switch and a headlight switch along with a 3 prong hlamp bulb connector. Wiring up is very easy if you have some basic electrical skills. It does not wire into the stock wire harness. It is a standalone harness hence the on/off switch. Note, the hlamp mounts to the gauge bracket on the WR so you will need to but that. I cut out everything other than the mounting points as I didn't want the entire bracket. The hlamp comes off with two 8mm bolts in about 30 seconds for switching back to stock. 

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

Exactly what he said. I've done the same except without the WR tail light. I used a SICASS racing taillight and license plate holder. Also I used a Pro Racing DS kit.  http://www.proracing.co.uk/xc_lighting.htm   This guy will make you any kind of plug and play wiring harness and kit you want. I just got the wiring harness with a hi/low horn and kill button, horn, rear brake light switch, connector for the SICASS tail light, connector for the WR head light and an extra 12v connect to fit my trailtech. Everything just pluged in and was less then $300.00!

Stewart

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chappyd said:

Did you use the Tusk kit from Rocky mountain for parts? I was planning on doing something similar over the winter to get a plate for my FX. 

Yes I used the tusk universal dual sport wiring and switches from RMATV. I also bought 2 banjo bolt brake switches so I have brake lights. You will need a 90 degree switch for the front if you're running hand guards and a standard straight one for the rear. Most of the wiring is plug-n-play but you will need to hard wire up the brake light, I used male/female connectors, and do some hard wiring on the headlamp....mainly just figuring out high/low beams and ground. You can get the headlamp socket with pigtail from amazon and google the wiring diagram(high/low/ground). Feel free to contact me with any install questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwibri said:

Hi, Just curious what phone case you have for your iPhone there?

thanks!

Its the Tiagra Sport BikeConsole. It's waterproof and shockproof. I have the Iphone 6Plus, there are other and possibly better options if you don't have the Plus size. I use the handlebar RAM mount clamp with a 4" extension so its really adjustable. The phone can be turned in any direction too.

I use it solely for navigating when I'm in large parks/riding areas. Especially when I'm in the CO Rockies. The Avenza pdf maps work really well. You will want a USB power port too as your gps drains the battery quickly. There are many options but I like this one I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Waterproof-Charger-Adapter-Samsung/dp/B07C5B3CWN/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1534349611&sr=1-1&keywords=Motorcycle+Waterproof+5V+Dual+USB+Socket+to+SEA+Mobile+Phone+Charger+Adapter+for+iPhone+Samsung+Tablet+and+GPS

http://www.bike2power.com/iphone-6-bike-mounts/iphone-6-plus-waterproof-touch-id-bike-mount.html

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

61H152XI0aL._SX679_[1].jpg

9 hours ago, MNRXV450 said:

Its the Tiagra Sport BikeConsole. It's waterproof and shockproof. I have the Iphone 6Plus, there are other and possibly better options if you don't have the Plus size. I use the handlebar RAM mount clamp with a 4" extension so its really adjustable. The phone can be turned in any direction too.

I use it solely for navigating when I'm in large parks/riding areas. Especially when I'm in the CO Rockies. The Avenza pdf maps work really well. You will want a USB power port too as your gps drains the battery quickly. There are many options but I like this one I got on Amazon.

Thanks for the info!  I currently have wired up a USB port on my WR, and use a cradle like the one below on a similar RAM mount as yours.  But your actual phone holder looks really robust.. 

Anyway,  sorry for the thread hijack!

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Sancs said:

Reviving this old thread.

I dont understand the front headlight part. Do i need a wiring harness as the rear?

Cause i cant find it at Rocky Mountain

Here's the parts you need for the complete system and can be found on RMATV

1. Tusk Compact Control Switch With Headlight Options

Part# 1274950001

2. Tusk Enduro Lighting Kit Replacement Wire Harness

Part# 1274940001

3. Tusk Universal On/Off Switch

Part# 1274920001

You will also need a headlamp pigtail with socket and that will hard wire into the Tusk Control switch. Most of the kit is plug-n-play but you will hard wire a few wires. 

The OEM tail light from 07+ bolts right on, I used the one off my 2007 WR250F onto my 19 fx. I also mounted the 07 WR headlight, just took a little bit of modifications to the mounts. For power I came right off the batter, wire an inline 15 amp automotive fuse. Then used a 18/3 wire to bring the power up to a handlebar mounted high/low/off (trail tech) switch. One of the conductors brought power back to the tail light. You just have to remember to shut off the lights...

IMG_20190321_080446.jpg

IMG_20190321_080458.jpg

IMG_20190321_070905.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/13/2018 at 1:36 PM, MNRXV450 said:

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

Where is that tank from ?? I have been looking for a oversized for my 2017 but can’t find one that doesn’t stick out 

6 hours ago, Mx Aus said:

Where is that tank from ?? I have been looking for a oversized for my 2017 but can’t find one that doesn’t stick out 

Here's a thread talking about OS tanks. My bike is on page 4. The tank is an IMS 2.9 that is for the YZ250F only. It will fit a WR or FX but you have to relocate your battery and move some wires around. Here's a thread with more info. 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:02 AM, MNRXV450 said:

Here's a thread talking about OS tanks. My bike is on page 4. The tank is an IMS 2.9 that is for the YZ250F only. It will fit a WR or FX but you have to relocate your battery and move some wires around. Here's a thread with more info. 

I wonder if the 2020 fender will fit on the 2017 as that’s where they mount the battery’s on the 2020 models which would probably be easier then making a whole mount up