FX350 - Tokyo flash vs JD tuner

I've done some basic mods and setup to my fx350 so far. Normal protective stuff, new fuel elbow, 13t front and 52t rear etc. Put a couple hours on this setup and was pretty happy. Then I installed the FMF 4.1 slip on and immediately started experiencing stalling and flame outs where I previously did not. Makes sense, I just leaned out the system and the ECU has no way of knowing this since there are no downstream sensors.

So my question is does everyone here prefer the piggy back route with the JD or equivalent? Or do you like the flash route? If flash, which company do you prefer? Thanks.

12 hours ago, CaptRamrod said:

I've done some basic mods and setup to my fx350 so far. Normal protective stuff, new fuel elbow, 13t front and 52t rear etc. Put a couple hours on this setup and was pretty happy. Then I installed the FMF 4.1 slip on and immediately started experiencing stalling and flame outs where I previously did not. Makes sense, I just leaned out the system and the ECU has no way of knowing this since there are no downstream sensors.

So my question is does everyone here prefer the piggy back route with the JD or equivalent? Or do you like the flash route? If flash, which company do you prefer? Thanks.

Adjust your TPS... 

• Like 2

I have the JD inline set up. Not 100% liking it right at the moment. I'm interested in the exhaust flange from Best Dual Sport Bike and his fuel elbow. Quite a few suggest the TPI adjustment. Will be doing this also. Might just take the JD unit out if the other mods work.

JD = rudimentaly FI aduster. Cannot alter Ignition mapping, or TPS setting.  Cannot address idle level A/F ratio.

Toyko Mods or Twisted Enginneering, or Blias Racing, etc Re-map  = address fueling AND ignition timing, and you get a mild map option if you add the switch.

Vortex ECU = preprogrammed maps for every occasion that address TPS, Fuel, and Ignition. With additonal software and interface, you can alter the maps provided to make your own custom maps (very easy).

-----------

When you add more resistance to he TPS closed throttle setting, you are tricking the ECU to transition to the 'partial throttle' portion of the map while the throttle is still closed, which is a tad leaner and is advanced about 10 degrees.  Works more better.

Richer is 'quieter'. 

Edited by THE KRAN
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2