Question for u Supermoto guys

Ok so I went for a test ride today after Supermoto'n my 2018 KTM 500 EXC-F. The front 120 tire is rubbing the black plastic piece that protects the forks from the fork guards. I'll post pic. Do I take this piece off or mod it somehow? When tire hits them on both sides btw, they spin inside the guards. Do these pieces do anything else or just keep the guards from rubbing  the forks? I also modded the fork guards and the are on the bike now. Thx for any help on this, Ken 

PS I've heard people having issues with 160 rear tire but not front.

Limage.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ondastreet
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, wakesetter5477 said:

Sweet looking bike. Have you desmog it and added a fuel Tuner or vortex?  I bet that thing rips!

i think they are dust/mud covers and can be removed if needed. I run a 2016 450sxf for supermoto but it is a track bike. I run the xtrig supermoto triple clamps with the wider axle so I’ve never had to deal with your issue

Thx. It's desmogged, JD tuner, reeds pulled, Pro Billet end cap, runs pretty good ?

Well I measured between the forks with fork protectors removed 5" then put a straight edge on both sides of the tire 4 7/8". So I cut the tire side off the protectors and siliconed them so they don't spin. Pulled the suspension down to the tire. 16th of an inch on either side. ?

image.jpeg

58 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

My brake side one touches my 120 tire too. It has a several flat spots now and is always unclipped.

Here I thought I was the only one. Have you tried setting the offset on the wheel by adjusting the spokes? I had to adjust my rear about 1/4" to clear the chain. Worth a try.