2019 MX Bike Shootout Thread

9 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The YZF 450 was a &%$#@!ing turd a few years ago, I'll stand by that comment all day long, yes it's gotten a lot better. 

Yes and you were wrong that is why you lost the bet to me. Remember, your claim and brand hate was that the YZF 450 was so bad and such a turd that Barcia would do better when JGR switched to Zuke.

Actually the opposite happened his career went to shit on the Zuke and was rescued on the YZ.? Waiting to see how much Pooper Webb improves on the KTM.

You willing to bet on Webb on the KTM for a beer (no money) at that Mexican place we went to when I came out there last time? Webb finishes 7th or better I buy, worse and you buy.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Yes and you were wrong that is why you lost the bet to me. Remember, your claim and brand hate was that the YZF 450 was so bad and such a turd that Barcia would do better when JGR switched to Zuke.

Actually the opposite happened his career went to shit on the Zuke and was rescued on the YZ.? Waiting to see how much Pooper Webb improves on the KTM.

You willing to bet on Webb on the KTM for a beer (no money) at that Mexican place we went to when I came out there last time? Webb finishes 7th or better I buy, worse and you buy.?

injury is why you won that bet.  and I couldn't be surprised you don't remember that because even though I've told you at least a hundred times I don't bet on tt you can't remember that either.  

3 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Isn't Webb bound to do better some time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

injury is why you won that bet.  and I couldn't be surprised you don't remember that because even though I've told you at least a hundred times I don't bet on tt you can't remember that either.  

In interviews he has said that he never was able to get comfortable on the Suzuki whereas he loved the new YZ.   He could probably be comfortable on a lot of bikes, but he wasn't then and now he is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

In interviews he has said that he never was able to get comfortable on the Suzuki whereas he loved the new YZ.   He could probably be comfortable on a lot of bikes, but he wasn't then and now he is.

he said he couldn't get comfortable on the factory yz, he got comfortable on the other teamv that had the updated chassis.  

yeah what's that say about the earlier factory yzf... 

20 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

he said he couldn't get comfortable on the factory yz, he got comfortable on the other teamv that had the updated chassis.  

yeah what's that say about the earlier factory yzf... 

Not comfortable on the '16, not comfortable on the '17 (Suz), very comfortable on the '18.  

• Like 1

To be fair, Barcia put in some amazing rides on the '16 YZF. As did Cooper Webb when he first hopped on that bike. So I am somewhere down the middle in this debate. I think the bike wasn't terrible but still not quite there yet. It for sure is 'too big' of a bike (as was the 250F, to a degree). And the 450 seemed to have some quirks w/ the handling. But the newest gen is a step in the right direction. Webb did no better on the '18 however. Barcia looks great on the '18+.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

To be fair, Barcia put in some amazing rides on the '16 YZF. As did Cooper Webb when he first hopped on that bike. So I am somewhere down the middle in this debate. I think the bike wasn't terrible but still not quite there yet. It for sure is 'too big' of a bike (as was the 250F, to a degree). And the 450 seemed to have some quirks w/ the handling. But the newest gen is a step in the right direction. Webb did no better on the '18 however. Barcia looks great on the '18+.

Agreed and on top of that Chad Reed finished 5th in SX in 2016 on the Yam his last top 5 finish in SX (@KTMRider4Life magically always forgets this). At least in pro racing the only thing holding back the modern Yam has been being too cheap to hire the best guys. :smashpc:

Barcia is near top 5 but surely will not beat ET, JA, KR, or MM on most days. And will have his hands full with some of the guys in 450s at 5-10 like Oz or a healthy Seely IMHO.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Agreed and on top of that Chad Reed finished 5th in SX in 2016 on the Yam his last top 5 finish in SX (@KTMRider4Life magically always forgets this). At least in pro racing the only thing holding back the modern Yam has been being too cheap to hire the best guys. :smashpc:

Don’t be to hard on 4 lifer. He paid to much for some ocean front property in Arizona and he’s trying to get out from under the mortgage. Problem is, he hasn’t found someone as gullible as he was, so he’s lashing out here on TT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Barcia is near top 5 but surely will not beat ET, JA, KR, or MM on most days. And will have his hands full with some of the guys in 450s at 5-10 like Oz or a healthy Seely IMHO.

you seem to forget all the pros who said they wouldn't ride it, that yamaha offered several pros every bit as much as they were going to get other places when they were switching, those guys ride it and said no way....  

44 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Don’t be to hard on 4 lifer. He paid to much for some ocean front property in Arizona and he’s trying to get out from under the mortgage. Problem is, he hasn’t found someone as gullible as he was, so he’s lashing out here on TT.

Don't you worry about me,  I'll be closing on 10 apartments in the next couple weeks to add to my portfolio,  putting me at 3 homes and 14 apartments at age 38. My real estate portfolio is on point.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

you seem to forget all the pros who said they wouldn't ride it, that yamaha offered several pros every bit as much as they were going to get other places when they were switching, those guys ride it and said no way....  

Don't you worry about me,  I'll be closing on 10 apartments in the next couple weeks to add to my portfolio,  putting me at 3 homes and 14 apartments at age 38. My real estate portfolio is on point.  

Now we know how you can afford all those ridiculously priced orange bikes.  Good job man!

14 hours ago, ah665 said:

Fake news

You wish

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

Now we know how you can afford all those ridiculously priced orange bikes.  Good job man!

You wish

Thanks man, years of living below my means and hard work are really beginning to pay for themselves.  

I drive a 12 year old truck I bought used for 12k, buy my bikes used and honestly have ridden what most of my friends considered vintage bikes up until the last year,  but that's how you do it. Hell just a few years ago I was racing my 01 KTM pulling a dirt bike trailer with an 01 4 cyl Honda Accord, I'd sleep in it at the races. 

You have to sacrifice for a while to get ahead and make those investments.  several times I saved enough cash to go buy whatever fancy truck  and bike I I wanted and I would forego that to reinvest. 

Its starting to get to get to the point where I'm feeling like spending a little bit on myself but I'll always live below my means,  my means are growing pretty fast though, where I can spend a little on me and still invest for growth.  anyway enough about that though. 

KTM'S 4 LIFE!

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Wise head to fifty said:

When did the YZF turn into a bike no pro wanted to ride ? Febvre rode one to the MXGP title in 2015. Just saying 

@KTMRider4Life has some hidden info I guess. Also, Jeremy Martin in print said he loved the Yam and wanted to ride the 450 and was disappointed when things did not work with Yam.

My quibble with Yam is them not using some of that cash pile to buy more of the top guys. KTM spends those Indian rupees to get guys including the man. In it to win it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

@KTMRider4Life has some hidden info I guess. Also, Jeremy Martin in print said he loved the Yam and wanted to ride the 450 and was disappointed when things did not work with Yam.

My quibble with Yam is them not using some of that cash pile to buy more of the top guys. KTM spends those Indian rupees to get guys including the man. In it to win it.

I also think rider selection did play a role into the public view of the YZ450. They just didn't have the right guys.  And the years leading up to that, the lack of a true factory team probably didn't help.

• Like 2