2018 WR250F Forks Sticky

Brand new 2018 WR250F forks have a very sticky feeling when I’m off the bike moving them up and down. It feels like you push down and it suddenly releases and the fork travels/dives and feels odd. The bike honestly feels amazing while riding the forks soak up everything but aren’t harsh. What could cause this on a new bike? Is this normal to the SSS KYB valving? I loosened all 4 pinch bolts and slammed the front up and down to align the legs but it feels the same. No other bike I’ve owned (KTM/Husky) have felt this resistance before.. pic provided for general visual satisfaction and enjoyment haha

IMG_0907.JPGIMG_0906.JPG

Okay cool glad I’m not the only one, I loosened the lower triple clamps which were definitely over torqued by the person who assembled the bike last week and it seems to have smoothed out a bit although still a bit sticky in that one spot. Gonna forget about it because the forks work amazingly smooth for OEM once you’re out ripping..

After exhausting all actions re alignment and correct tightening, you may want to replace the original factory fork oil with an aftermarket one.

Not sure why but this did wonders to the plushness of my 2016 WRF fork, and I've heard the same from other owners.

• 2 months later...