Ktm stock exhaust quiet Insert Removal

If you are referring to the ‘17 and up, it’s easy.  Take a small screwdriver and a hammer and lightly knock around the edges of the screen.  Once it breaks loose, grab the loose end with some needle nose pliers and twist the screen.  You will then be able to pull it out.  Takes just a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, Gflo said:

If you are referring to the ‘17 and up, it’s easy.  Take a small screwdriver and a hammer and lightly knock around the edges of the screen.  Once it breaks loose, grab the loose end with some needle nose pliers and twist the screen.  You will then be able to pull it out.  Takes just a few minutes.

Other than noise, is there any other downsides of removing it? (not that noise is necessarily a downside where I live)

18 hours ago, Fsxfisherman1 said:

Other than noise, is there any other downsides of removing it? (not that noise is necessarily a downside where I live)

No down side as long as you are using something to increase the fuel.  Taking it out lets it flow freer, but could cause leanness with the stock ecu.

• Helpful 1

On 8/30/2018 at 5:39 PM, motocrotts said:
On 8/30/2018 at 8:57 AM, Fsxfisherman1 said:

Its still not loud after you remove it.

Yea I found that to be true too :(