2003 Suzuki DRZ250 Fuel Cock won't turn off

Sorry if this has been answered before,  I did a search and couldn't find the answer.  My 2003 DRZ250 has an issue with the petcock, it won't stop the gas from flowing when in the off position.  I looked at just replacing the whole thing with a OEM but before I do that is there a simple fix I am overlooking?  I can't find an aftermarket replacement that is a direct fit so I assume I have to go with the OEM part.  Also I have seen rebuild kits but on other forums there is some concern with how well those work.  Any advice for a very novice mechanic.

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the order details may be a great help for the small comunity of our small yellowish bike.

About some year ago i ordered parts for refreshing components both front- and rear suspension everything was available through Race Tech. Rear suspension's seal head, I believe, can't be ordered. But...........again "All balls" has 3 rebuild kits 37-1006, 37-1010 and 37-1118. Piston diameter 40mm, shaft diameter 14 mm. Heights of bodies 37,25  38 and  41mm so measuring Suzuki body to determine wich set comes close.

Cheers.

Edited by Abraham1815