Price check on ‘99 dr350s high mileage

So I am looking at picking up a clean, complete DR350se with a few extra parts and both dirt and street tires for $1,400 in Midwest thing is it has around 18,000mi!  that seems atypical.

is it reasoanable for a ‘99 or would you avoid that kind of street mileage use?i figure street is better than hard trail.

Edited by gidaeon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine had 4700 miles on the odometer, but the speedo was broken so I really don't know how many miles it was. Got it for $600 in "not running condition". I got it running before handing over cash. The vacuum hose for the petcock was disconnected. Came with street front tire and a UFO front fender not pictured. No signals or tail light.image.png.23ec2ffbb32ef181dbc842262dea3e4d.png

The higher mileage 99 I looked at months ago was trashed. Verified low stator output and ran poorly. Huge waste of a drive.. 

BUT instead I found a ‘98 350se with only 2.4k on it. I paid $1700 or 1800 but everything was GTG. Pretty clean - nothing’s missing. Runs good. I’m happy and will plate it come spring. Don’t care for purple but better than a trashed newer one.

4C24BDA5-CCFE-495D-A039-14B97EA3A5A1.jpeg

• Like 3