Tires/introduction

Hi, after having to long time off bikes and wanting a Suzuki drz for years finally treated myself to a K7 SM less than 3K miles with both sets of wheels off road wheels have new tires, but road tires, well rear tire is worn both Dunlop Sportsmax 208 so question is as they don't make these tires any more should I buy a new pair or is there a new compatible tire that would be ok with the front? Have been recommended to put a pair of Dunlop GPR300 on ?

what kind of riding do you do?  That will be a large factor while choosing the right tire 

Hi country roads mostly with very occasional dual carriageway maybe and won't go out in rain but might have to come home in it, and light use.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Delart said:

Hi country roads mostly with very occasional dual carriageway maybe and won't go out in rain but might have to come home in it, and light use.

Anything sport touring. Something with a harder compoind or even multi compounds. 

I like bridgestones battlax line of tires.  

I know these aren’t touring but damn I love these tires. They were a perfect pair for my SM. And they are priced well

https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/bridgestone-battlax-hypersport-s20-w-motorcycle-tire/p/58836?b=4546207&CRTP=psc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuZDaxIOJ3QIV17XACh0wPQ3OEAQYByABEgJYNvD_BwE

Edited by 707drz