Bryan Bosch

Start Your Very Own Riding Club!

Today we launched a cool, new site feature called "Clubs"! Whether you want to create a more-the-merrier locals riding club for weekend rides & trail maintenance or a tighter knit private club, where discussion of next weekend's super-secret singletrack loop is hush hush, ThumperTalk "Clubs" have you covered!

Clubs have a variety of set-up choices from "Open", where anyone can view club content or join instantly, to more private clubs (Closed) where content is hidden from non-members and membership is either by request or admin invite only.

Clubs are not limited to riding, but might also include interest based clubs such as:

• Vintage MX Racers
  • Custom Parts & Motorcycle Fabrication
  • CR500 Fans
  • Local riding area maintenance, management, & advocacy

Club features & functions include:

• Clubs Discussion & notifications
  • Club Calendar
  • Club Photo Galleries
  • Club Blogs

Whether you want to better coordinate with current riding buddies, find new ones, or simply hang with fellow riders who share a particular passion, ThumperTalk Clubs is your personal platform to make it happen.

start_a_club.JPG

clubs_screen_shot.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bryan, this is a fantastic idea. So much so, I signed up for Team Thumpertalk today. 

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Like 1

@Bryan Bosch

I'm assuming a person could use this club function temporarily too right? For example, a group of 10 guys going to Moab for a vacation, they use the club/group thing to organize and discuss details etc? If so, this function has some great commercial applications ... I did a trip in the spring and they used Facebook for that, and many people don't want/use facebook.  

8 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

@Bryan Bosch

I'm assuming a person could use this club function temporarily too right? For example, a group of 10 guys going to Moab for a vacation, they use the club/group thing to organize and discuss details etc? If so, this function has some great commercial applications ... I did a trip in the spring and they used Facebook for that, and many people don't want/use facebook.  

Yeah, you can use it for more involved trip planning. I'll be doing this very thing for my Colorado Back Country Discovery Route ride next summer.

• Like 1

To quote Grouch Marx

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club, that would have me as a member" 

But since I'm, more or less new to TT, I'll play.....

How about a group of Cranky, retired, Northern Ca off road rider, who only  .....getting to specific ? 

• Haha 3

On 9/1/2018 at 8:55 AM, Digger Dave said:

To quote Grouch Marx

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club, that would have me as a member" 

But since I'm, more or less new to TT, I'll play.....

How about a group of Cranky, retired, Northern Ca off road rider, who only  .....getting to specific ? 

What you think you got the market cornered on Cranky, Retired, Off Road Riders, who are only happy when out ride'n? Arizona has more than a few!

Good Idea Bryan, I will check it out more.    The facebook clubs are well attended.   surprising , because on facebook you can see all about a person, 

Edited by bigbob