Tires for Warp9 Wheels

So I am planning on ordering a set of Warp9 SM rims. I don't know what size tires to buy.

The rims are-
Front: 17x3.50
Rear: 17x4.25

Tire recommendations are great and much appreciated but a size of tire is just as helpful. (e.g. - 150/70-17)

• 2 weeks later...

I run pilot ct2 tires, 150 rear and even at 30psi theres tons of grip. They also wear very well with the dual compound rubber. Even with my fat ass leaning over the front tire I have a hard time getting a burnout going on my xr650r lol. Scared the shit out of me the first time when  I was staring at the front fender and the bike stood up haha.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:31 PM, JoeRC51 said:

30 psi is WAY too hard , you should be around 22 , front and back. Try the ''10% rule''. If your pressure goes up more than 10% when the tires are warm , you're too soft , less than 10% , too hard.

I try to keep them around 25psi, I'm not racing or canyon carving just going 3 miles to work most days so they dont get hot lol.

1 hour ago, Vanillagurilla said:

I try to keep them around 25psi, I'm not racing or canyon carving just going 3 miles to work most days so they dont get hot lol.

?   Obviously your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.   

20 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

?   Obviously your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.   

So according to you I should run lower psi even though I dont have any traction problems and not riding far enough or hard enough to get the tires up to temp? Seems like only thing lower psi will do for me is soften up the ride that is already soft.

1 hour ago, Vanillagurilla said:

So according to you I should run lower psi even though I dont have any traction problems and not riding far enough or hard enough to get the tires up to temp? Seems like only thing lower psi will do for me is soften up the ride that is already soft.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, JoeRC51 said:

Try the ''10% rule''. If your pressure goes up more than 10% when the tires are warm , you're too soft , less than 10% , too hard.

Any tire , any bike , any rider weight , any type of riding. Too hard , you wear the middle of the tire out , flat and quickly.

Edited by JoeRC51
  • Like 1