Hey Idaho! What you think of this trail conflict?

I think the closest thing they said was "she'll have a heart attack going up that".
Which in her defense is indeed mildly sexist, but much closer to some good humored razzing than anything else. (with perhaps a dash of a genuine warning of the hell that awaits them up the trail)
Sounded more like a face saving thing for the guys at the bottom, who appeared to be going back down after failing to make it up? "Well if we coudn't make it she'll surely fail!"
And from what I can tell, what was said appeared to be under the assumption that she was long gone VS sitting right there to hear it.
I highly doubt they would have said that in her presence.
So bottom line here, she's definitely taking this way too seriously, to the point of making a video and attempting to publicly shame some guys who appeared to simply be giving her a genuine warning / razzing.
I imagine they would have acted very similarly if a younger rider or someone who was pretty green had ridden past them as well. "good luck! & Godspeed, you're gunna need it!"

Here, I’m just going to quote this because it’s almost exactly how I feel.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Why do you put her in that category? As I said previously, she's thin-skinned about this so-called conflict. Thicker skin typically comes with age. She's young, give it time.

Yep, part of being young is learning the hard way. I'd caution young people about learning the hard way, much better to learn from the wisdom of others. 

In the comment section she acknowledges his apology, recognizes that others have even called him horrible names but decides to leave all of it up so that people "learn not to judge a book by the cover". What point does it serve to have her subscribers calling him disgusting inappropriate names?

Early in the video she invokes the name of the sponsor of the event that brought her as a guest to the event, and indeed to a foreign country... Sponsors usually don't like negative attention...

Ok, dead horse and all, I've said what I got to say about the matter. I just thought it was kind of an interesting subject matter: dirt bikes/human behavior.  

On 9/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, shrubitup said:

She's a good rider but she should not care so much what others say or whether they say it aloud. Easy to go around them and just ride the trail they said was unridable. Lots of trenching and Vs cut into the hill there. Obviously wrong tire choices/psi as seen with the rider ahead of her that was rototilling and spraying rocks everywhere.

? All the above. Trail "banter" among riders is just part of the game and what makes bench racing around the camp fire so much fun. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve, there's a real world out there! The young lady did do a great job and should teach her partner a little about trail damage. She did a much better job of restarting after her fall. Props to her!

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

If we consider all this purely from a person-person interaction.  Women claim to want to be treated equally to men.  Yet they complain when they actually are.

We men are much crueler to each other than we ever would be to a woman.  I've met Megs and she seemed like a cool person and is an amazing rider.  Yet when a guy gently prodded her, she cries sexism.  No guy would ever do that and we accept much worse insults and taunts from each other.

If Megs wants to be treated the same as any guy then she needs to man up and accept a ribbing, good natured or not.  Otherwise she will always be an oddity, a girl who rides well, and not an equal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CDNSXV said:

If we consider all this purely from a person-person interaction.  Women claim to want to be treated equally to men.  Yet they complain when they actually are.

We men are much crueler to each other than we ever would be to a woman.  I've met Megs and she seemed like a cool person and is an amazing rider.  Yet when a guy gently prodded her, she cries sexism.  No guy would ever do that and we accept much worse insults and taunts from each other.

If Megs wants to be treated the same as any guy then she needs to man up and accept a ribbing, good natured or not.  Otherwise she will always be an oddity, a girl who rides well, and not an equal.

Women can't exist as women if we are to treat them as we do ourselves. I'm absolutely sure that very very few women whom actually understand what it's like going about life as a man. They seem to think we're out here buddying up and colluding against them. When we as men know there is no honor among thieves any more than there is a male support group. Women should understand they are supposed to be our support group, and us theirs, but folks have trust issues so we reap what we sow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leftdagrid said:

I had a woman bark at me on the trail because I offered to help her through a tough spot, I offer the same help to a man that is struggling. Equality much? Whatever babe, you're the one with the hangup…….. not me.

The last time we went riding you offered to help me in that special way too. No wonder she barked at you. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seeing a woman on single track is odd. Seeing a woman on single track with a high skill level like that is extremely odd. We don't know the guy's real intent, but seemed like the comment was out of historical observation of a male dominated sport and meant nothing negative. I doubt that's the worst she's heard, just caught this one on video. If you're the exception you have to expect that type of thing.

1 hour ago, Leftdagrid said:

I had a woman bark at me on the trail because I offered to help her through a tough spot, I offer the same help to a man that is struggling. Equality much? Whatever babe, you're the one with the hangup…….. not me.

A girl we know barked at a very nice guy who she had just met and was honestly trying to help her.  Three years later, he is still shell-shocked over her response and the rest of us are still shaking our heads over the incident. 

4 hours ago, Slackkinhard said:

Women can't exist as women if we are to treat them as we do ourselves. I'm absolutely sure that very very few women whom actually understand what it's like going about life as a man. They seem to think we're out here buddying up and colluding against them. When we as men know there is no honor among thieves any more than there is a male support group. Women should understand they are supposed to be our support group, and us theirs, but folks have trust issues so we reap what we sow.

Women absolutely have no idea what a man's world is like.  And they would be horrified to be treated the way we treat each other.  

A millennial I know made a rather pithy observation to me:  He said, "Women say lovely supportive things to each other that they don't mean and men say horrible, hurtful things to each other that they don't mean."

• Like 4