gladhandbart

How to make a DR350 better for a taller rider?

Hey, everyone, I just took my 99 DR350SE put for my first dual sport ride and loved every minute of it! However, despite only going out for 50 miles, I quickly found out that the stock seat (even if mine may be a gel seat as its written on the bottom) is lacking for comfort. I'm 6'1", so a new seat and handle bars with risers are on my radar. Is the regular seat concepts seat my best bet? Are there handlebars that are better suited for taller riding ergonomics? I don’t really want to get lower foot pegs because decreasing ground clearance is not the way to go for off-road riding... Thanks!

the better lowered pegs dont drop below the frame.

i have a seat concepts, regular i believe.

28553271517_8a6376bb5c_b.jpg

most CR hi/ YZ hi/ etc bars work better with stock cables.

i found these schoolboy pros to work well for standing too. slightly trimming the bar ends make for easier standing also.

42972884151_e71705c8d1_b.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking about running 2" handlebar risers in addition to some CR high bars. I'm not sure where to get longer cables though. I'll have to look into that.

I'm the same height as you and have a lower back problem so having to bend forward when standing really is pretty uncomfortable , 

I fitted renthal 809-01 handlebars on my 350 and a 1" bar riser , they work fine with stock cables, this is perfect for me, can stand up nice and straight now,

after checking the dimensions the 809-01's RC High bars came out as the highest bars with the least sweep back , i wanted to avoid bringing the bars in close to my body as i have arms like a chimpanzee that swing round by my knees 

https://www.renthal.com/shop/mx-products/handlebars/se-handlebars/mx-se-handlebars

Edited by paint it black
more info