If you're looking to get more fit for off-road riding, I can help. I have 35 yrs of health, fitness and training experience. I'm prior service, 101st Airborne infantry, grew up racing MX. I did track & field in high school. After the Army, I became a critical care nationally registered paramedic. For the last 5 yrs I've been teaching fitness and nutrition, exclusively. I raced hare scrambles in Virginia and living here in Arizona, I'm racing the AMRA series. Finished 2nd in points my 1st yr. I raced the AZOP race in Prescott Valley and finished 1st for 40C. 33rd overall ahead of A and B riders. Being 50 I have a few orthopedic issues that I train around.

I know what you need to be faster and safer as an off-road racer. Contact me for one-on-one training in the Tucson area or I can set-up a program for you if you're to far away. Send me a PM with your contact information and I'll be in touch.

497669685_AZOPPrescottValley18Aug18.jpg.4dd48cc85b8cab4c28c4add80f0fb599.jpg

Both. I don't make much doing freelance work. Just covers my time setting up a program. I work for a gym here in Tucson, but don't see many riders at this location.

Both. I don't make much doing freelance work. Just covers my time setting up a program. I work for a gym here in Tucson, but don't see many riders at this location.

What are your primary sources of cardio built into the program, also how many days is it. More Crossfit like or traditional weight training?

For my schedule (and what I typically set-up) is a 3 day split. Work-out intensity is based off a HRM. Each work-out is basically a HITS. High reps, faster movement, lighter weights. Lot's of core work. When I work legs, it's a combination of weights and elliptical. Each time I hit the gym I'm trying to hit all the muscles that I use on the bike as well as the secondary/supporting muscles. For myself I struggle to get my legs to where I want them to be. 50 year old knees don't like a lot cardio. (on top of that I have a minor meniscus issue in one knee)

I've been doing training/health/fitness for over 35 yrs. I'm not a fan of the type of exercises typically done in Crossfit. It's great for getting the HR up, but too much risk for injury. I've known several sports medicine docs who said CF has a high injury rate.

No matter what the fitness level, there also has to be an awareness of what a person is doing on the bike. Breathing and staying relaxed are huge. Proper nutrition, supplementation, and hydration are key as well. (I'm still trying to find the right suspension settings. Coming from eastern hare scrambles/enduro to desert) Last year was my 1st year racing here in AZ. Finished 2nd in 40C. Missed being able to race 50C by 8 days.