Riding Pants... Cancer Warning ?? Whatttt....

WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov   I'm looking to up grade my old riding pants and keep coming up with this on sites like Rocky Mountain.  https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1720/77601/ONeal-Racing-Element-Pants-2018?s=1414311 Anyone have any idea what California is trying to say ?? I like my gonads just they way they are. ?

You have to realize, everything has been found to cause cancer in California.  It’s a ridiculous proposition that was passed that requires a warning on any products that even remotely contain products that may cause cancer.  In the case of riding pants, it’s probably because they are made from nylon, which I believe is produced with some sort of petroleum by product.  The Velcro and plastic buckles are plastic, a petroleum derivative.  Petroleum products may cause cancer is some instances, hence the warning.  Here in California, that warning is on damn near everything.  I think if they could, California would put that warning on the air we breathe.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gflo said:

You have to realize, everything has been found to cause cancer in California.  It’s a ridiculous proposition that was passed that requires a warning on any products that even remotely contain products that may cause cancer.  In the case of riding pants, it’s probably because they are made from nylon, which I believe is produced with some sort of petroleum by product.  The Velcro and plastic buckles are plastic, a petroleum derivative.  Petroleum products may cause cancer is some instances, hence the warning.  Here in California, that warning is on damn near everything.  I think if they could, California would put that warning on the air we breathe.

HAHAHAHAHA... Well said, thanks ! That's pretty much what I figured but non the less-----talk about hold the phone, reproductive harm ?

Yeah I see what you mean. I went to Rocky Mountain and any product that I clicked on,from valve stem caps to  titanium foot pegs had that warning label .Even the replacement bladder for the Klim Hydro pack had that same  cancer warning label on it. Maybe that’s a new Gov tactic ? If they put the cancer warning label on everything then the stuff that really causes cancer will be overlooked and not paid attention to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeamGreenPilot said:

California is a cancer on the rest of the USA right @Dwrizzol ?

Ah, pretty much.  It’s a challenge living in this state.  The place is beautiful, great weather, sea to the mountains in a few hours, many opportunities.  The liberals and the state’s politics have ruined it.

• Like 6

Water and air cause cancer in California, land of fruits and nuts. You are sitting on top of a tank of flammable gasoline, with a spark plug just below it and putting on more gear than most NFL players, now you are worried about the plastic surrounding your gonads? LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They only cause cancer in California, not here in Alabama nor in New Hampshire - so no worries.  But know that because of this ridiculousness perpetuated in California, many (most) things cost all of us much more, don't perform as well as they could, and cost more to make them work properly.  And we didn't get a vote for any of the California politicians who are directly impacting our lives in other states by ramming this stuff down our throats.  

OK, off my political soapbox.  

• Like 4

I ordered a bunch of stuff for the shop today. Reamers, drill bits, screws, some plastic stock, etc. Every single item I bought causes cancer! I don't expect to last much longer with that kind of dangerous stuff around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/5/2018 at 4:44 PM, P Gabby said:

WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov   I'm looking to up grade my old riding pants and keep coming up with this on sites like Rocky Mountain.  https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1720/77601/ONeal-Racing-Element-Pants-2018?s=1414311 Anyone have any idea what California is trying to say ?? I like my gonads just they way they are. ?

Be safe! Ensure reproductive ability! Ride commando. :ride:

Don't sit on the seat tho! Might need a cup if you stand. Never mind, the cup will reduce your sperm count too.

7 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Be safe! Ensure reproductive ability! Ride commando. :ride:

Don't sit on the seat tho! Might need a cup if you stand. Never mind, the cup will reduce your sperm count too.

Better use sun protection on your @ss or you'll get skin cancer and you'll never sit on the seat.       ?