dirtbike_adventures

Can a ktm 690 Enduro R do single track?

On 9/10/2018 at 11:59 PM, dLeo said:

I've had the bike since '16 and am confident on the single track but still have a hard time really dialling the speed in – especially on the tight switchbacks which often have a tree tight on the inside corner. I've tried all methods – standing vs sitting, gentle vs more throttle. The tight cornering still seems to be my weakness. If I corner too slow, the bike wants to slide down the berm and bring me close to the inside tree and if I get a bit on the gas it doesn't seem to like the tight cornering and pushes wide. Coming from the crf250L, the 690 is quite difficult to turn on a dime – as we all know. Any advice???

I agree with the above poster.  You should get right near the tree, right tight against the tree.  What I do is approach the tight corner with some slowing down speed, then right when I get to the tightest part of the turn, I drop the bike so that I’m supporting most of it’s weight and the bike is leaning into the turn.  Then I gun it.  

For those of you in the Florida area (I'm in Venice), where do you go riding? I'd like to put some miles on mine before my 2500 mile TAT trek this October. I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises with the bike... Thanks!