thinking about getting a Beta 300RR race have ?

Its been a little bit now since I sold my last GAS GAS 2 stroke and I am missing having a 2T around, so I am thinking  2018 or2019 Beta 300RR,  We are still riding in the woods and mountains, here where we live in Oregon your either going up the mountain or down.  We are planning  to get down to the desert more often as I like the terrain and weather there. So I am looking for any reviews of riding the 300RR as a desert bike, also 2018 or 2019 thoughts?

Thanks for any information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Its been a little bit now since I sold my last GAS GAS 2 stroke and I am missing having a 2T around, so I am thinking  2018 or2019 Beta 300RR,  We are still riding in the woods and mountains, here where we live in Oregon your either going up the mountain or down.  We are planning  to get down to the desert more often as I like the terrain and weather there. So I am looking for any reviews of riding the 300RR as a desert bike, also 2018 or 2019 thoughts?

Got this.. I guess it’s about as good as anything out there. I know nothing of desert but for woods Beta is awesome. 

9847D6FB-598A-4E72-9B08-D7ABD7291C79.png

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

Thanks hawaiidirtrider I know how much you like your 300RR?,  I am sure I'll  be on mine most of the time if I get one. I did call the Beta shop in Reno and Vegas and they both said they sell way more  2 strokes  then 4 strokes. I thought maybe that more guys on here would have some desert riding the 300 RR info or reviews,  I also didn't find much on youtube.  How about anyone that sold there 390rr-s or other 4T to go back to 2T,  I am sure that one has been gone over plenty?, but how about some current info or thoughts.  

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks hawaiidirtrider I know how much you like your 300RR?,  I am sure I'll  be on mine most of the time if I get one. I did call the Beta shop in Reno and Vegas and they both said they sell way more  2 strokes  then 4 strokes. I thought maybe that more guys on here would have some desert riding the 300 RR info or reviews,  I also didn't find much on youtube.  How about anyone that sold there 390rr-s or other 4T to go back to 2T,  I am sure that one has been gone over plenty?, but how about some current info or thoughts.  

Thanks.

A bunch of years ago.. 2008? I tried to find Beta vids but there were so few. I started a playlist because there were only a couple to watch. I had never seen a Beta before. Well it’s a long time later and Beta is far from a couple of ktm rfs powered enduro bikes.  There’s a hunch of vids now.. It’s like saving pennies. It adds up

7 hours ago, rocky4by said:

Thanks.

Can’t help you much with desert riding but I went from a crf450x to a kx250f to my 300rr. Other than compression braking and better fuel economy, there’s nothing I Miss from the thumpers. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2018 at 10:03 PM, rocky4by said:

New Gasgas out of the question?

8 minutes ago, epicride said:

New Gasgas out of the question?

Gasgas is like KTM before 2017. Good but why get it when other estart 300’s just have better design. When gasgas gets a decent estart then  it can go in the category of Beta, Ktm, Husky for better choices. That’s if estart is of any importance. Now it’s behind Beta and with Sherco with no kicker option and a yzx250 and TM with kicker only choices. 

19 minutes ago, motocrotts said:

There is nothing wrong with the beta. Probably the best stock motor out there. I never could come to terms with the handling. But, that's probably just me and not the bike. Put me on the ground a lot.
Lol.

I’m opposite. Beta handles excellent. It reminds me of how my cr 250 Honda handled.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Hey motocrotts  so how do you like riding your 2t in the desert? I see you also have a KTM 500 are you on it or the 2t more?  I also have a 2015 KTM 500 that I have been running around on a good bit this past summer, there crazy fast but also a unreal amount of torque from down low to up top. I ran out on my 390 Beta just for a second tonight and it fits me so much better then the Ktm, the Beta feels so small and handles great, and I would guess that the 300RR is even smaller and lighter.   I am not going back to GAS GAS  as of right now, they are a great bike but I feel no connection with the company and which way things will go for them, I had to almost give my 2011 and 2013 bikes away and the 2013 did have bad starter issues and my 2011 Cervates 250 vibrated really bad ?  I am going to look at a 2018 Beta RR 300  race next Wednesday and just might come home with it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocky4by said:

Hey motocrotts  so how do you like riding your 2t in the desert? I see you also have a KTM 500 are you on it or the 2t more?  I also have a 2015 KTM 500 that I have been running around on a good bit this past summer, there crazy fast but also a unreal amount of torque from down low to up top. I ran out on my 390 Beta just for a second tonight and it fits me so much better then the Ktm, the Beta feels so small and handles great, and I would guess that the 300RR is even smaller and lighter.   I am not going back to GAS GAS  as of right now, they are a great bike but I feel no connection with the company and which way things will go for them, I had to almost give my 2011 and 2013 bikes away and the 2013 did have bad starter issues and my 2011 Cervates 250 vibrated really bad ?  I am going to look at a 2018 Beta RR 300  race next Wednesday and just might come home with it?

Don't turn your nose up to a 250RR if you can get a deal. Since you aren't chugging along on jungle like trails the 250RR would be a great fit. They rev out further and have a livelier motor really.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Don't turn your nose up to a 250RR if you can get a deal. Since you aren't chugging along on jungle like trails the 250RR would be a great fit. They rev out further and have a livelier motor really.

Yea 250 is great too! Even for tight trails.Both 250 and 300rr are excellent. 

I really love my '16 Beta 300RR and I ride in all types of terrain from tight single-track and two-track to desert.  For several years I had three dirt bikes in my garage -  '08 HTR 350 XCF-W, '09 Beta 565RS, and '16 300RR.  While the 4-strokes were great bikes, I had a hankering to get back to 2-strokes and the 300RR fit the bill.  After getting used to the 2-stroke, I find that the 300RR gives up little to the 4-strokes.  Also, I find the 300RR to handle very well in all conditions and is quite stable at high speeds in the desert.  The '13-'17 300RR's came stock with 13/49 gearing which is just about perfect for most conditions; for some of my desert riding I'll swap to a 14T sprocket for more relaxed running at higher speeds.  Incidentally, my friend's new '18 300RR came stock with 14/49 gearing.  I bought my 300RR in Sparks, NV from Sierra BMW & Beta.  This is a great dealership with most of the employees owning and riding Beta's -  mostly 2-strokes.  

• Helpful 1

Hey motocrotts  so how do you like riding your 2t in the desert? I see you also have a KTM 500 are you on it or the 2t more?  I also have a 2015 KTM 500 that I have been running around on a good bit this past summer, there crazy fast but also a unreal amount of torque from down low to up top. I ran out on my 390 Beta just for a second tonight and it fits me so much better then the Ktm, the Beta feels so small and handles great, and I would guess that the 300RR is even smaller and lighter.   I am not going back to GAS GAS  as of right now, they are a great bike but I feel no connection with the company and which way things will go for them, I had to almost give my 2011 and 2013 bikes away and the 2013 did have bad starter issues and my 2011 Cervates 250 vibrated really bad [emoji46]  I am going to look at a 2018 Beta RR 300  race next Wednesday and just might come home with it[emoji3]
I ride the GG more than the 500. The 500 is more of a ds bike for me. Although, it gets into the tight and nasty just fine.

Beta in the Desert

I got a opinion. 

Do you like Blue  White or Orange as all three have suspension stock way better than any aftermarket mods on a Beta.

Counterbalanced motor, nothing compares and thats on the white and orange bike.  Want to hit whoops the size of a VW?

That would be the blue bike.  Want disappointment?   Beta has that covered. 

IMG_0951.jpg

Thanks for all the information everyone. I was looking what shops have 2018's left and found a 2018 250 RR race for 7950, is everything the same on the 250 and 300 except the cylinder and head? Thanks Chas_M for you post sounds about the type of riding I'll be doing the more of, I have always been a 2T rider but I keep trying to ride a 4T and never feel just right on it. I did see Beta is having demo days here in Oregon on the 14th of Oct, but I'm guessing that the shop that has the 300,  will have sold it by then. Any one know when the 2019 300RR race will be available. I am also not sure I would keep my 390 as I don't need 3 bikes, I would think my 500 that I have, and the new 300 would cover  any riding needs.?    

• Like 4

Thanks for all the information everyone. I was looking what shops have 2018's left and found a 2018 250 RR race for 7950, is everything the same on the 250 and 300 except the cylinder and head? Thanks Chas_M for you post sounds about the type of riding I'll be doing the more of, I have always been a 2T rider but I keep trying to ride a 4T and never feel just right on it. I did see Beta is having demo days here in Oregon on the 14th of Oct, but I'm guessing that the shop that has the 300,  will have sold it by then. Any one know when the 2019 300RR race will be available. I am also not sure I would keep my 390 as I don't need 3 bikes, I would think my 500 that I have, and the new 300 would cover  any riding needs.?    

If you’re anywhere close to the demo day in Oregon, sign up ASAP, really. The insight it will bring you will be invaluable to rule out, or in towards a Beta. [emoji1303][emoji1303]
  • Like 2

Yes 250 vice 300 is just the top end differences. The 250 has got to be one of the torquiest 250s I’ve ridden. The 300 does have a bit lower compression.

• Like 1