Jump to content

thinking about getting a Beta 300RR race have ?

Recommended Posts

I just traded a 2018 Gas Gas EC250 for a 2018 Beta RR300.

It is my second Beta - I had a 2014 RR250, which I changed to a 300. I had this bike for 2600km, 140hrs.  

Firstly, the oc fork on the ‘18 is much, much better than on the ‘14. Plusher early & also more resistant to using up all the travel. The motor feels like it has more torque right off-idle to me - subjective. I’m not concerned about 14/49 gearing per se’ - the primary drive has changed as well. I have 14/48 on mine & I hardly use 1st. Mid-top feels the same as ‘14 and my OI works beautifully. My gearbox is a little notchy - using Motul Transoil atm. Clutch action is nice & light. 

The Sachs shock on the ‘18 & the way it makes the bike track is equal in my opinion to a 2018 Gas Gas - KYB & all. I prefer the slightly closer to the ground chassis feel of the Beta both at speed & when crawling in the rocks here in Sydney. 

If I had to pick one thing I am most happy/surprised about with the 2018 Beta it would be that I’m not totally devastated I don’t have a bike with KYB’s anymore!

Edited by KatoKonvert
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KatoKonvert said:

I just traded a 2018 Gas Gas EC250 for a 2018 Beta RR300.

It is my second Beta - I had a 2014 RR250, which I changed to a 300. I had this bike for 2600km, 140hrs.  

Firstly, the oc fork on the ‘18 is much, much better than on the ‘14. Plusher early & also more resistant to using up all the travel. The motor feels like it has more torque right off-idle to me - subjective. I’m not concerned about 14/49 gearing per se’ - the primary drive has changed as well. I have 14/48 on mine & I hardly use 1st. Mid-top feels the same as ‘14 and my OI works beautifully. My gearbox is a little notchy - using Motul Transoil atm. Clutch action is nice & light. 

The Sachs shock on the ‘18 & the way it makes the bike track is equal in my opinion to a 2018 Gas Gas - KYB & all. I prefer the slightly closer to the ground chassis feel of the Beta both at speed & when crawling in the rocks here in Sydney. 

If I had to pick one thing thing I am most happy/surprised about with the 2018 Beta it would be that I’m not totally devastated I don’t have a bike with KYB’s anymore!

Thankyou for the feedback.  I felt the same about my showas going from my cr to Beta. I’d like to ride the newest Beta now. Just to see ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply's, this is all great information.   I could not get away this week to go look at the 2018 300 RR race that the dealer has left. I have also signed up for the Beta Demo day here in Oregon on the 14th of Oct, but I think the 2018 300 will be sold by then😞 So I would have to go for a 2019, and that's going to cost even more$$$.  

Hey KatoKonvert  that's interesting you went back to the Beta from the GAS GAS are you finding the Beta RR to be just as good or better then the GAS GAS? Being that you ride in or around Sydney you must get a pretty good mix of terrain? do you ride in any Whoops at speed?  Also does any know if the gear ratio for all 6 gears is listed any where?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW finally close to Beta demo day this coming Sunday.  The 3 week wait seemed like 3 months😁 I am really ready to get the new bike, I am hoping to really get some good riding in this year, as this past year I have been sick for about 10 months, just found out about a month ago that they think its Lyme disease, so hopefully I will start getting better soon. let me tell ya, if you get a tick bite go and get tested soon after it happens, you dont want this Sh#&*T.  Anyway I also do have to say I wasn't well enough to give my Beta 390 a real go, but I really miss having my 2T to jump on and go for a rip though the woods and past the rural neighbors😉  Have any off you seen this video, I kind of like this one for some reason.  I will also be going to a demo on Saturday for the Husky and KTM bikes, I will try to get photos and as much thoughts on all 3 bikes, should really make my head spin🤪

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a choice of demos this early must be nice. The only opportunity in my region is a Beta event in FEB,,,,, way too late IMO. And it is 6-7 hours away necessitating an overnight in a motel.  Bummer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocky4by said:

WOW finally close to Beta demo day this coming Sunday.  The 3 week wait seemed like 3 months😁 I am really ready to get the new bike, I am hoping to really get some good riding in this year, as this past year I have been sick for about 10 months, just found out about a month ago that they think its Lyme disease, so hopefully I will start getting better soon. let me tell ya, if you get a tick bite go and get tested soon after it happens, you dont want this Sh#&*T.  Anyway I also do have to say I wasn't well enough to give my Beta 390 a real go, but I really miss having my 2T to jump on and go for a rip though the woods and past the rural neighbors😉  Have any off you seen this video, I kind of like this one for some reason.  I will also be going to a demo on Saturday for the Husky and KTM bikes, I will try to get photos and as much thoughts on all 3 bikes, should really make my head spin

 

Lyme Disease is no joke. If you do get a bite, also check with your local Dept. of Public Health. They can test the TICK for lyme disease as well before you will ever show symptoms. If yours doesn't do it, find one that does and mail it.

 

Hope you get better!

 

My only suggestion for Desert would be get the RE. Doesn't really matter if its 2T or 4T.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Having a choice of demos this early must be nice. The only opportunity in my region is a Beta event in FEB,,,,, way too late IMO. And it is 6-7 hours away necessitating an overnight in a motel.  Bummer!

So you’ll let $250 stand in the way of knowledge? Hopefully there’s a sign in sheet there that you can get a copy of to show TT that piney woods is now certified to pass more official judgement upon beta bikes. :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shrubitup said:

So you’ll let $250 stand in the way of knowledge? Hopefully there’s a sign in sheet there that you can get a copy of to show TT that piney woods is now certified to pass more official judgement upon beta bikes. :banana:

It’s pull the string and hear aw shucks too bad can’t get a Beta for 10 years now!! I’m f******  bored of hearing that shit over and over and over.  Foreve:lame:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It’s pull the string and hear aw shucks too bad can’t get a Beta for 10 years now!! I’m f******  bored of hearing that shit over and over and over.  Foreve:lame:

Did I pull your string? Aw shucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Did I pull your string? Aw shucks.

Not mine... you bait unsuspecting newer guys that don’t know you’re wasting their time. They don’t know you play a weird game like you wish you could try to buy a Beta.. you hang out here everyday and you say you’d like to try to buy a Beta but you never have taken any offers for 10 YEARS. That’s gotta be a record.  Weird game you play.. Aw shucks

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Take your meds.

You been here since Beta was in the exotics.2008 right.. Nothing wrong with hanging out here and talking story.. just be straight up and don’t bs . 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Lyme Disease is no joke. If you do get a bite, also check with your local Dept. of Public Health. They can test the TICK for lyme disease as well before you will ever show symptoms. If yours doesn't do it, find one that does and mail it.



 



Hope you get better!



 



My only suggestion for Desert would be get the RE. Doesn't really matter if its 2T or 4T.


Past couple years I’m hearing of people being bit by the Lone Star Tick and it makes you deathly allergic to meat for the next 10+ years til it cycles out of your body. They are making there way north.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kxlubber said:

 


Past couple years I’m hearing of people being bit by the Lone Star Tick and it makes you deathly allergic to meat for the next 10+ years til it cycles out of your body. They are making there way north.

 

Wow forced vegetarian. Only meat? Does it do that with fish too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You been here since Beta was in the exotics.2008 right.. Nothing wrong with hanging out here and talking story.. just be straight up and don’t bs . 

Just havin' fun, I luv you man! I know this different in other areas but Beta is still very much an exotic here in TX, LA, MS, OK, AL, AR, etc.. I'm sure this will change but it will not be tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Just havin' fun, I luv you man! I know this different in other areas but Beta is still very much an exotic here in TX, LA, MS, OK, AL, AR, etc.. I'm sure this will change but it will not be tomorrow.

Honestly I bet you would love a Beta if you tried one. If you never want to buy one that’s cool too. Life is short and we are getting long in the tooth. Enjoy while you can. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+Beta+dealership&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 1:39 PM, Piney Woods said:

Having a choice of demos this early must be nice. The only opportunity in my region is a Beta event in FEB,,,,, way too late IMO. And it is 6-7 hours away necessitating an overnight in a motel.  Bummer!

Some guys would sleep in their van ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely drive and sleep in my van. Don't have to though, they'll be 20 minutes away lol. Can't wait to try them out!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×