Missing a great opportunity 😕

I hate finding awesome deals, but not able to make it happen! 

I found a complete '05 crf150f that I would love to get for the gf and get running. He wants $400 obo. It's a 7 hour drive though. I would have no problem making the drive normally, but even if he'd take $300-350, it would still cost me about $150 in gas. I can't really justify spending the money at this point in time and that sucks balls! 

I just had to rant for a moment

https://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/05-honda-crf150f/6691063181.html

Looks like the newer style '06 with e-start... 225 big bore, cam, porting, carb, 21/18 wheel swap with cr80 front-end and a shock swap and that would be a fun bike in the tight woods.

Lol you worked quick at finding that!

Yes those would all be great things to do to it, if I was able to get it.

I'd keep it stock for a while til she got used to riding. Her first outing on the trails a couple years ago was a rough one, but she still had fun

Edited by Daniel627
Forgot some stuff

The 2005 and older 150f’s were 5 speeds and kick start only, known for breaking starter gears, which are no longer available from Honda and required splitting the cases to replace anyway.
BUT they are very easy to convert to electric start.
BUT if you do that, one might as well get an electric start 230f with a 6speed and larger wheels and better forks.

The guy must be mistaken in his post, cuz it doesn't have a kicker, and he stated that he took the starter switch off for something else

1 hour ago, Confederate said:

That one is just 30 minutes down the road from me.

So you'll get it and hang onto it for me til I got the extra money there???

:banana: