2009 Sherco 3.2L 4-stoke: thoughts on this bike? Reliable?

IMG_8154.JPG

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this bike? I was thinking on getting it shipped if it was considered a good deal. This would be my first trials bike and read that it can be a handful at times but I've ridden my buddies 290 Sherco two stroke and has no problems with that just free riding in the woods. I can probably ship for around $400-$500. If I factor that in is it worth it?

Thanks

Personally I would avoid the 4t Shercos. They were only made for a short time, not very successful when new, and parts availability will be more difficult into the future. If you want a 4t trials bike, I'd suggest a 4rt or a Beta.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 1:07 PM, nobade said:

Personally I would avoid the 4t Shercos. They were only made for a short time, not very successful when new, and parts availability will be more difficult into the future. If you want a 4t trials bike, I'd suggest a 4rt or a Beta.

+1

Friend has a Beta Evo 300 four stroke. Has almost 150 hours on it and no issues. Uses it for trail riding. Put the long ride kit on it. The kickstart mechanism is great. It appears to start easier and more consistently than his Ossa Explorer (two stroke, FI, kick only). The Beta is carbureted too. He likes it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, shrubitup said:

+1

Friend has a Beta Evo 300 four stroke. Has almost 150 hours on it and no issues. Uses it for trail riding. Put the long ride kit on it. The kickstart mechanism is great. It appears to start easier and more consistently than his Ossa Explorer (two stroke, FI, kick only). The Beta is carbureted too. He likes it.

whats crazy about that bike is it uses a CV carb. Not known for great throttle response in most offroad applications.  But it works great on that bike.

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of the Evo 4 strokes...I've even been called a Beta fanboy too...

They feel considerably down on power compared to the 250-300 2 stroke trials bikes, and don't have the same off-idle power of said bikes. I personally ride a Gas Gas txt280 race, but would probably go the route of the Evo 300 2t if I was buying a new one.